or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Just watched the movie. Very insightful and entertaining. I enjoyed Fog of War as well.
I think that when you view yourself in a photo you are, if not seeing yourself through other eyes, at least seeing yourself through a filter. That degree of separation can be very beneficial. There are things that I really liked when I looked in a mirror, but didn't like at all when I saw myself in a photo. It is another form of feedback in a certain sense so that is good. I play around with my camera when bored or alone too, and that can be nice. 
 I use tumblr the same way you do for the most part. Even that has started to get repetitive for me though and I don't know how much longer I will use it. To be honest, I kind of just enjoy wearing clothes these days. Posting on the internet is not necessary.
You see what happens to this place when you leave???
 This is precisely the reason I stopped posting in WAYWRN on a regular basis. I'm not trying to sound douchey but I got to the point where most of my fits in CM were getting a lot of support and even ended up on the front page 2 or 3 times. That was nice, but I rarely felt like I was growing and learning anymore. Oh sure, people would give suggestions on how to do things differently at times, but where previously I got criticism and thought "Wow, yeah that would look a lot...
   I did start that thread with a mind for the more old school discussions that used to seemingly happen a lot more on SF. In that sense I agree with DWW. On the other hand I feel like DWW has done very little to stem this tide. His drive-by snarkings are sometimes amusing but kind of contribute to the problems he sees. The great thing about SF was that the snark actually came along with useful information and advise. This is rarely the case in SWD and CM alike nowadays....
This has been discussed ad nauseum several times, resulting in sometimes ridiculously strong opinions. The bottom line is, wear a watch if you like them. If you don't, do not.
Somewhere between levels 4 and 6.
You have reached the level of the Atman.
Potentially?