or Connect

Posts by JBMarce21

I can't wait! My guess is they come out early November. Pepe and the crew are meeting with investors right now, partially because they would like to have me help them open up a store here in NYC, so they are busy busy and I have yet to hear back on exact times. As far as suede, it can be tricky, but if it's dark it is OK for the most part I would say. I have the meermin semi brogues on the olfe in dark brown suede, and I wear them as I would any other dark brown shoe. As...
It took me a while to get is perfect, but I now have it fit flawlessly to be honest. If you get the two-ply, it's really all good, no flimsy stuff there. I was actually quite impressed with the way they have fixed some problems for me. If you send a picture with a tape measure showing the wrong measurements, they will send you a new shirt. I've done it. They learn pretty quickly that way.
The man asked for versatility... dub monks have that. I suggested brown semi brogues, black whole cuts, brown dub monks, and then black semi brogues or black dub monks.   dub monks are a lot easier to wear with denim, and the vast majority of ppl in this forum would agree with me they are a good looking shoe. I guess if I were to slightly revise my advice, it would be in this order, by importance:   Brown semi brogues (Suit or jeans) Black Wholecuts(suit or...
WHAT SIZE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I have about a 10.5" drop (41.5"->31"...uncommon I know, cue the dumb comments but w/e idgaf) and the modern tailor shirts, after some tweaking and a few practice shirts, worked out great. So you should be fine there. 
Just get MTM shirts. The price differential is miniscule and sometimes cheaper. Go check out the moderntailor.com thread.
Btw I ended up with some Tetbury's for now, but the carmina balmoral's are coming up next month!
IMO, it kind of goes against the idea of a boot. It doesn't quite look right... the paul stuart ones, for example, just look about a half step too "dandy," even for me.  Although I do think a full brogue shortwing or austerity brogue shortwing works. 
Semi brogue's absolute yes, double monks in brown are listed in the classic and those would be a good substitute for the singles... then your black wholecuts look excellent with a suit, and even with a tuxedo with the proper shine, but they really should not ever be worn with jeans. the other 2 are fine to be worn with jeans (and encouraged!) BTW Meermin charges the same shipping for every 2 pairs of shoes, so might as well go for a 4th... in which case the black dub...