or Connect

Posts by Alpina

Those moulded shoe photos are incredible.  That refinishing really gives confidence that you can wear the hell out of shell and it won't really suffer.  That's some tough-ass leather!
What is your size?
+1 For smartWool (lots of Diamond Jims) +1 for Darn Tough Also a brand a found recently, Fits.  Not a lot of style options, but very comfortable.
In a parallel universe, cigar is the king of the gunboats. I can't wait to get a pair.Really nice lineup!
For me, the important distinction is that they have all eyelets.  Like sleepy said, they have done variations, and I believe they have had double leather on some.  The ones I have pre-oredered have a dark welt and a commando sole.  By comparison, the Epaulet color 8 Brixton is similarly all eyelets, but always with antique/double leather.  
Yes, color 8. I couldn't justify them, as I have the Naval boots, Hallecks on the way, and I just got the DC cigar captoe.
Yah, so fine.  The plaza could be a little spiffy for my everyday aesthetic, but all the same, I was really bummed the B+M order for the plaza WT boot was switched to grant.  Ironic, as grant hits the sweet spot. edit to spoiler 
Good lord, my man--what will you wear on your feet whilst learning shoemaking?  Beautiful boots!
Just a day after getting the snuff WT boots, I got the call from Kathy that my number came up for the cigar captoes.  We always read here that when you least expect it, a bunch of your pre-orders can come in at once.  I had only hoped to be so lucky.  So this will be a first--getting an Alden twofer in less than a week.   I think that once I get these, I'm close to done.  Waiting on the hallecks, the ravello and cigar WTBs, and a pair of ravello WT boots, then that's it....
Erm, I believe those are black, not color 8. Evidence: black sole and 9751 model number.  All the same, a steal in any color!