or Connect

Posts by DartagnanRed

That coat is an insane pickup for $199. The nicest thing Rhodes and Beckett have released IMO.
I went to Grasshopper bar a few weeks back and kept wondering why there were all these asians dressed in matrix coats and white hi-tops smoking cigarettes down the alley. After further investigation, I'd found the entrance to Sneakerboy!   Explained to friends that if they ever wanted to buy lizard skin sneakers for $2000+, that this was where they wanted to go, which led to "how do you know this" questions and further confirmed to everyone that I am a wanker.
This just seems silly, how can you expect customers to buy at full price of $500 if they know that you're going to discount down to $130 later on? Surely that is below cost price for these guys?
Herringbone tux doesn't have particularly skinny lapels, but not very wide either. Suitsupply is a great option assuming you get the right size, I'd order asap so you can try and exchange if you stuff it up. Alternatively order two and just ship the other one back (not as expensive as you think). Suitsupply does a pretty good dinner suit package, currently on sale for ~800ish for tux, dinner shirt, bow tie and dinner shoes OR smoking jacket, tux trousers, dinner shirt,...
Tuxes are nice and pricey off the rack in Sydney. For good ones:Herringbone - $1300ish - nice classic black tuxes, softish shoulder, shawl and peak lapelMJ Bale - $1000ish - less classic, some gaudy, some coloured, some basic, soft shoulder, shawl and peak lapelHenry Bucks - $1000ish have their own dinner suits, ok quality, harder shoulder, shawl lapelHardy Amies - $1000ish - probably on sale at DJs right now, relatively modern fit, they do a classic and a midnight blue,...
Incorrect, it actually has matching cuffed shorts due out this spring. You heard it here first.  I would hope Rob would strongly persuade you otherwise. Quote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley Perhaps MJB see themselves competing more with the MTM market, where clients can shell out a bit more for fabric choice and improved fit on classic items. I think MJ Bale sees themselves as the cutting edge of fashion. The design team is likely a bunch of semi-edgy female or gay...
I thought this was an overcoat, but no, no, it's a jacket. http://www.mjbale.com/highfields-navy-jacket-19287   Apparently it will "...take your formal wear to a new level of sophistication"   MJ Bale's design team are a pack of galahs.
Don't think this has been asked before. Where can I get a big, preferably self tie bow tie in Sydney? Looking for something evening wear-ish, but a little loud is ok (eg burgundy velvet/something polka dots). Size wise I'm after something like the Tom Ford ones. Am I dreaming if I'm trying to find one of these without paying the $300+ Tom Ford price?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/myer-snaps-up-labels-from-rival-david-jones-in-battle-to-win-over-high-fashion-blokes/story-fni0cvc9-1226993928198?nk=5049f421a6af9fb2ce5284608e1d5c10   Contrast pick-stitching, marketing featuring overuse of the word "gentleman" and the fastest changing product catalog in Aussie menswear history coming to a Myer near you.   Very, very bad news for TM Lewin and Rhodes and Beckett.