or Connect

Posts by DartagnanRed

Friend's new Meermin ruby cordovan boots:        
I sold my (pathetically small amount of) Oroton shares straight after the Sydney siege as a final straw as I was very scared of the effect this would have on their flagship store (directly opposite the Lindt cafe) during the Xmas period. I'd checked out that store a number of times and noted the following:-beautiful, incredibly expensive decor.-very few customers at any stage and no women despite large womenswear section.-odd pricing strategy of high prices with very steep...
I'm into men
What are you talking about anymore? It seems you cannot divorce a single issue and analyse it on its own without resorting to partisanship and anti-partisanship. Regardless, you don't even choose good examples for the point you are trying to make. The fighter jet program has bipartisan support and a capital injection to the independent reserve bank at the request of the Governor in order to better manage its risk is hardly excessive spending and again would likely be the...
I am not going to defend Abbott and I appreciate this was an embarrassing stuff up, Hockey, Turnbull and many other parts of the Coaliton made it very clear that the ABC would not be exempt from the cuts they clearly outlined for much of the public service.
Now that I can get on board with
Yes, that 4.6% (have I mentioned this number?) cut "whittles" down the workforce by an estimated 400 (less than 10%) and drives the viewers and readers to such profitable behemoths as: Fairfax: 1900 job losses two years ago and ongoing redundancy rounds: http://www.smh.com.au/business/fairfax-announces-job-cuts-20140507-37vnk.htmlNewsCorp: 1000 job...
Yes, except of course for the independent review led by LEK in 2014... http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/abc-sbs-costs-review-begins/story-e6frg996-1226816213640 And the one before by KPMG in 2013. But other than these reviews it is true that there have been none.Whilst I'm likely described as arrogant (I can't speak for the italics) and cocky on a weekly basis, no-one who knows me would describe me as self-entitled. Despite the best efforts of Oli and...
Now, the issue with "averages" is that they tend to reflect the greater populace and the greater populace does indeed live away from rural areas. I didn't claim to be anti ABC, merely pointed out why a 4.6% budget cut isn't the most pressing of issues on the mind of the "average punter", which of course were your words not mine.No matter your ideological leanings, even if you're apparently a "neo-con" like me (play the ball guys), calling a Four. Point. Six. Percent....
Apologies, I was indeed a little harsh, the context being this guy......decided to look me up on LinkedIn and tell me what a cybersleuth he'd been and how he'd blown my oh-so-tight cover via pm. My admittedly immature response was personal, but I think you'd agree somewhat less personal than creepy semi-stalking... Yes oli my name is Max (well done) although you can call me Richard.