or Connect

Posts by DartagnanRed

I don't really care for this debate, but I highly, highly doubt Patrick knows how to make a suit. He could potentially make a shirt from scratch, there is no way he could make a suit, with no disrespect to him. Jacket and trouser tailoring is an extremely difficult, fine art that takes a minimum 15 years experience to do well. Given that the guys at American Tailors have complained that their apprentices of five years can't make a proper pair of trousers alone, there is...
Not my own BBQ work unfortunately, eating BBQ squid in Jap restaurant and my whiteboy chopstick skills resulted in dropping said squid into butter/soy sauce, with predictable results. Not to worry, kept my cool, then did it immediately again.
I wrote off a $150 Boggi shirt and a $100 Henry Carter grenadine in a horrible BBQ squid accident this evening, hope everyone else's day was better.
I'm not sure if this is possible due to lack of fabric, but has anyone ever had their Napoli suit pants made even slightly less tapered? The Napoli is the only cut that I think works for me due to broad shoulders, but the taper of the pants is annoying me.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that Kent Wang uses the same factory in China that SuitShop uses, so Kent Wang is just SuitShop without the proper fitting.
I find that obviously ~12 ounce denim is cooler, but it has disadvantages. It stretches more, making sizing a bit more difficult and also it doesn't "hang" as nicely on the leg. The lesser weight means more bunching at the knee and it also wears quicker. For a first pair I would definitely recommend ~14 ounce, which as nabil and TBM have said should be fine for ~9 months of the year. I wouldn't worry about how stiff they are, this is part of the fun and they soften up...
What exactly are you using it for?
Still better than mine
That's quite incredible, great design. I'd seriously consider it if it were made out of a nicer leather, but it's that shitty Michael Kors hard plasticky stuff.