or Connect

Posts by DartagnanRed

Just because the photos looked nice doesn't make them effective marketing. For summer collections, Rhodes and Beckett, Herringbone and MJ Bale all had very similar nautical themed photoshoots. If customers can't differentiate between marketing campaigns from competitors, well then they don't really add much value.
Well, that certainly explains why both brands exhibit the same garish colour schemes, the same unimaginative, bland nautical themed advertising and why HB shifted its production to Turkey.
Hi JM, when did this happen? Do you have a source (I believe you fully just interested in reading more.
Previously the concessions had some suits as well, but since Polo Corp took over the licence they've been pursuing a very different direction. Unfortunately as you say the only jackets available everywhere other than the Collins St store and maybe chat sword (haven't been there) are an acquired taste: very textured herringbone weaves, tweed etc. It will be interesting to see whether the winter collection has a better selection.PSA: If you're looking for pants/chinos with...
Cheers Romp. I checked it out and was quietly impressed. I was expecting it to be heavy on shirts and accessories and light on everything else. But, they've brought across plenty of sports coats, a quilted jacket, a beautiful long overcoat, a cool suede bomber etc. For once the Australian consumer isn't being treated like a style-averse moron.Plus, pricing is acceptable. A sportcoat at $650 is not worth it to most on this forum given some alternatives, but compared to many...
Does anyone know if Brooks Brothers is open in the Sydney CID David jones yet? Also, Nabil, I'd be interested in your initial thoughts on the Gats? Foxy, I can't believe you bought the Margieala ones... Without malice, how many pairs of shoes have you bought in 12 Months? You're starting to make Gerry look stingy in the shoe department...
Oh for sure, it's only the thrill of the find that keeps me thrifting. I wasn't being serious about flogging it on ebay. My friend was a bit sceptical at first but once I explained the history of it and he looked up the serial number to confirm it was 1958 he was pretty excited which made it totally worth it. Something else interesting about that pea coat was that the guy selling it to me said he had picked it up from a Saba outlet. I know why: the measurements and look...
Less impressive than CD's finds, but my thrifting over the past few days returned a Drakes tie for $3 and a 1958 original issue US navy pea coat for a whole $10. It was slightly too large for me so I gave it to a friend, but had I seen that it could have fetched about $200 on the Bay I potentially would have been less generous.   If anyone sees one of these again, buy it immediately with no questions asked. They are things of beauty: heavy, rugged, built to last...
I would agree that at a superficial level, this appears to be what he is saying.
 What does this have to do with the price of eggs/PJ topies?