or Connect

Posts by DartagnanRed

Makaura are good value yes and great fabric. I ordered a couple of shirts from them, but as you say really bizarre cut and also I did not like the collar. I am incredibly fussy about the collar for some reason. Also, I think this has been discussed before, but poplin is IMO a horrible shirting fabric. My rotation for work is 2x white royal oxford, 3x white twill, 1x blue royal oxford, 1x blue twill, O&J white OCBD for fridays. Other shirts are a mix of R&B on special and 2...
I hate the collar on MJB shirts, and half of them are horrid fabric. The way it splays out at the point...annoys me just thinking about it. And if you don't like that, there's only a too-spread variant. Herringbone uses the same factory for a lot of their shirts, similar annoying collar. TM Lewin has a tiny selection in button cuff and again don't have a proper semi-spread collar. Rhodes and Beckett are the only shirts I buy RTW as they have some nice fabric, simple styles...
Just wanted to give a shoutout to MensBiz, which IMO is the single best men's store in Australia. Great website, easy order process, great selection of products, meaningful reviews on the website and the fastest shipping in the frickin' country. I ordered Friday afternoon and had it on my desk Monday morning from Melbourne to Sydney. You basically get a "your order has been shipped" message 10 minutes after ordering.   They are also very well priced, and even more so...
Yeah even though I disagree with a lot of what she says and dislike her writing style, I'm not really sure how who she purportedly had sex with in uni is relevant in any way. Indeed it's this kind of view that helps her justify some of the claptrap she writes.
How that woman continues to get weekly airplay in the SMH and Age, with limited criticism is beyond me. I can only assume sensible people are worried they'll be painted as woman hating fools if they even slightly disagree with her.
I assume by "iconic" you mean mass produced, well marketed, internet hyped, Chinese produced items which are shadows of their heritage. Eg Times, converse, Ray Ban, Persol. Or, perhaps I am mistaken, did you mean purchasable through TheIconic.com?
 Of course one could argue that both were morally reprehensible...
I tried this the other night, very nice, but to call the Lagavulin "polite" is like calling Jacqui Lambie "a bit eccentric".
Not sure about that fxh, this entire outfit screams to me that you could be a bit of a tool.