or Connect

Posts by yls2012

Just curious -- which Patek did you buy and what was the reason for the service? Thanks.
When do you think that folks who are high on the AD list for the new ceramic Daytona, but not at the very top, will likely get theirs?  Say someone is in the top 5 or so people on the list.  I know this is speculative but interested in hearing reactions. 
Lange 1 case is about 10mm thick--fairly modest in my book.  I'm no watchmaker but i'm sure it would have been possible to slim the proportions of the movement.  That's true for almost every watch and doesn't seem to be a reason to knock the Lange.     I fail to see why you're more forgiving of an officer caseback adding thickness than of big date or power reserve (or for that matter the three quarter plate, if that was what you were insinuating) adding thickness.  The...
 This reasoning is bizarre.  The Patek's thickness is okay because its hinged back is an "added feature," and its case could be made thinner?  Meanwhile, the Lange 1's complications don't justify a thicker case (apparently because complications are somehow less legitimate "added features" than hinged casebacks).  And it's somehow an advantage that the Patek could have been housed in a smaller case, while the Lange 1 couldn't.   This seems totally backward:  The Lange's...
I am going to switch straps on my IWC Inge Laureus--will order a custom Camille Fournet strap.  It's currently on a navy strap, and am considering creating either (1) a navy gator strap with a silver stitch or (2) a charcoal strap with matching stitch.  Any thoughts on which would look better?
What do y'all think is happening with JLC's sports watches?  The focus is clearly on JLC's dressier and more classic lines--Reverso and Master Control.  And even the recent sports model introductions have vintage sensibilities, like the Deap Sea chronograph.  Meanwhile the Compressor line is stagnating.  I think the most recent introduction may have been the Compressor Chronograph 2, which was several years ago.  Seems to me that JLC may be letting the line die a quiet...
Anyone have photos of a Camille Bordeaux colored strap?  Tough to make out what it may look like from the online strap generator.  I'm thinking Mafoofan may have had one on his black Portuguese, but not sure and photos I've seen of that watch don't focus on the strap.  Anyone else had experience with some of the less expected strap colors from CF?
DLjr--That strap looks fantastic.  What padding profile and thickness did you ask for? 
Here's a related question for you guys:  do most ADs happily go along with requests for never touched watches?  I know some shops are very careful with their watches and basically don't allow potential customers to try pieces on to ensure that watches stay in great shape.  However, the much more common shop seems to let anyone try their watches on, and seem to unload these pieces at no additional discount.  It seems unrealistic to expect stores to keep their watches...
I agree that the Port's movement is fantastic, but I think impressive is a better descriptor than beautiful.  It's huge, and fills up the caseback unlike any other automatic movement that I can think of.  In that way, I think it's true to the Portuguese's origins as big watches with big, pocket-watch movements.  The effect of having a case sandwiched by expansive crystals covering the movement and the dial is unique.    Not sure what comparisons you're drawing between...