Posts by Lucan

Long shot, but can anyone identify this overcoat purely from a "Made in Italy" tag? It's the only label on it.  
 Fixed your post for you.
I've just finished renovating a BB Makers tie. The tie had nice Burgundy with blue spot silk ("Woven in Italy"), but the lining was thin and shot. I also had a Chester Barrie mainline tie that had a lovely weight, but was plucked to death. Both were about 50p from clearance bins in Charity Shops, so I took them apart, and relined the BB tie with the CB wool, so now have a lovely BB tie for £1. :) Anyway, reason for posting is that the BB tie has a label saying "Weighted...
Assuming these are fake..  
Great, thanks very much for your replies. I'll open them up tonight and have a look.
Yes, I think there is enough material. I was just concerned about the bar tack thing. Does that just get cut open, and then replaced after letting the trousers out? Here's a photo to show the available material anyhow.
Could you let me know if it is possible to let out the waist on trousers finished at the back as the picture below shows. I only need about half to three-quarters of an inch and there seems enough spare material, just not sure about the finishing.     Many thanks.
Any chance of help identifying maker of these shoes. A little beat-up but super cheap.   Love the Fred Perry mac @txwoodworker, remember loads of kids used to wear their polos when I was younger and they were just a run-of-the-mill brand. Now they've doubled or trebled their retail and they're one of my fave UK charity shop finds as it's such an easy sell.
Thanks Spoo
Scored some bargain RLPL shoes: which came up lovely:     Can someone interpret sizing for me please, is this 11 US or UK?   Thanks