or Connect

Posts by nickwjd

I have a pair of double monks from the classic collection which I've worn for more than a year now. The soles have started splitting at the seam recently (a common problem for the early batches of the classic line if I remember) and as a result, the shoes are now squeaking from the soles as I walk.   Is there any way to fix this other than a full resole?
 Thanks for the input. I was worried about the sizing because a lot of remarks online for Woodlore shoe trees are with regards to inaccurate sizing, especially with the Epic twin-tube model. I'll be going with Large then, thanks!
I'm planning to buy some Woodlore Ultra shoe trees from Amazon for a friend and myself. I wear a UK9.5 Loake Capital and he wears a UK9 Loake Capital. Is there anyone here using Woodlore Ultra trees who can give a sizing reference? I'm thinking a Large would suit us both. Thanks!
I'm planning to buy some Woodlore Ultra shoe trees from Amazon for a friend and myself. I wear a UK9.5 Capital and he wears a UK9 Capital. Is there anyone here using Woodlore Ultra trees who can give a sizing reference? Thanks!
I'm planning to get a 256 in either the regular navy or the navy twill + tweed version. I do like the accent that the Harris tweed provides, but I'm a bit concerned about durability. Will the tweed be more liable to fraying/getting soft as compared to the 22oz canvas?
 Same here. 28cm long, 11cm at the widest part. I have the Hiro DMs in 10UK and they fit alright now. (At first, there was a bit of heel slip and I was afraid it was too loose, but nowadays it seems fine) I think a 9.5UK would still be OK, but anything smaller would definitely be too tight.
  Thanks for the info guys. mullitia, that sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing. The softer strap wrinkles more and the flesh side had more stray hairs. If it's something minor, then I won't be returning it because I bought this from Urban Outfitters and had a friend bring it back to Singapore for me, so a return would be costly and time consuming. I won't worry too much if it's something they consider normal I guess.
 Thanks for the info, didn't know that the Red Label ones used a different weight. Having said that, I'm not comparing the thickness of my tote's straps to another Filson, but rather, comparing between themselves i.e. the tote has 2 straps, 1 on each side. The strap on one side feels much sturdier than the other side which is where I'm concerned if it's a defect/manufacturing variance or if it's expected.
I recently started using my zippered tote (red label, navy) and I noticed that one of two straps feels much softer/thinner than the other. Not only that, it's also rougher on the flesh side of the leather.   Is this something to be concerned about? It's not going to break, but at the same time, it doesn't feel as sturdy as the other strap.
 I have been trying some out myself as my feet overpronate as well (or are perhaps slightly flat). What I've found is that even with the thinnest ones I could find, they typically raise your heel too much resulting in heel slip because the heel cup is now more shallow, and depending on your instep and the shoe's instep, makes that area uncomfortable. The only time I've had good results is when the shoe has a removable insole. My Florsheim Veblens have this, so I remove the...