or Connect

Posts by Victor Elfo

Nice cloth, should make up a great coat, and your tailor seems to be a nice guy. Never got the chance to get a walk-through into cutting, not that I have ever asked for. Going to ask for something similar next time I see my tailor. Thanks for sharing your experience, looking forward to your fittings and the finished garment.
 Not exactly. I mean the quarters' bottom half shape (which is usually called as skirt). A cupped skirt will have a shape that contours your hips, something like this: (  ). This will enhance the top half and will create a seamless transition between the coat and the trousers.
Interesting comments. Remember reading Foo saying something similar, when users said his coat was too nipped at the waist. You've already asked for a subtle waist treatment, but I would also ask for a cupped skirt (which will provide for that seamless transition between coat and trousers, illustrated above). It is not something better per se, but could suit your taste, it does suit mine. Looking forward for your report on the finished garments! Google "iammatt" (a SF...
           I've to say that Formosa's waist treatment is more flattering, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I would still request the tailor to pinch it a little bit more. Rubinacci's and Formosa's, especially the former, looks a bit too pinched, to my eye. What do you think?     Don't mean to be a pain it the ass, the garments do look great and I'd not comment if you hadn't showed some concerns with the waist treatment. Not sure if the following picture will be to any good, but...
It's really nice, indeed. It does look like a barleycorn and herringbone with an overcheck (where the vertical and horizontal lines differs in color). It's funny how the gapping collar on his coat called my attention every time it appeared on the screen. Also, I'd like to point out the coat's silhouette at the "fitting" (not sure if the suit was made for the guy, but it does fit him very well). That's what I usually think of when someone speaks of the Neapolitan cut. Nice...
An interesting interview with Mariano Rubinacci.   http://vimeo.com/90209857
That's a good proposition and I'm totally for it! Very constructivist, in the sociological sense. So, if I understood you correctly, you're saying that, given today's casual dress code, the compromise with anachronic standards justify itself? That's a good point in favor of the blazersuit, as conceived by Manton. Only valid for those venues where the new standard has been incorporated, but a good point nonetheless.
I get your point, but I'm not sure if I concur. We seen to diverge simply on the nature of fresco as a fabric. Honestly, fresco is a formal fabric for me, it's a worsted, after all. Its texture is far too subtle to give it any casual feel, in my opinion. Perhaps mohair, without the sheen, would be able to fit the bill, as it has more pronounced texture and keeps some of the fresco allure (breathable and wrinkle resistance). What do you think? However, I totally agree with...
 The idea is not being objected, only the execution. Having a navy suit, in a worsted wool (even fresco), made with patch pockets is a compromise on "tradition" for some. Also, those guys have a problem donning a orphaned suit coat without patch pockets. In other words, patch pockets do not belong to worsted wool suits and flap pockets are not casual enough to disguise a suit coat as a sports coat. The solution for that problem has been said above, as well: casual fabrics...
30%? Try paying 90% here.