or Connect

Posts by qubed

The Black Reversed Oiled Horse ones. I'm still in the market for my first pair of A1923, so while oiled horse is no longer in the running because of the dye transfer, I'm wondering if his other shoes are also as bad. 
What are people's experiences with stain transfer on their A1923s? I tried on a pair of the black oiled zips the other day, and my fingers were black from just putting them on and off.
I think brown & black clash more-so with the shoe/bag combo than the shoe/belt combo because the bag is so much bigger and in your face. A belt is fairly small, and often covered by a jacket. Much like black shoes aren't as versatile as brown shoes, the same goes for black bags.
Red Chukka boots, great for fall. This is buy Peal & Co, a Brooks Brother Brand. Made in England. Worn only a handful of times. A couple small stains on the suede. Includes shoe bags, but no box. Size 10. Shipping $10 within USA/Canada or free pickup in Manhattan.
SMALL Collector's Edition briefcase (2012) in Chestnut. This is discontinued and will never be available again. Pigskin Lining Brand New, unused. It has literally never been outside the plastic bag.   Shipping is US$25 within USA/Canada. Local pickup available in Manhattan.
Used only 2-3 times. Includes tags. Discontinued. Rugged twill bag from Filson and Nanamica, with four roomy full-length interior sections. Includes narrow pockets on both ends, full-length outer pockets on both sides and adjustable, removable leather shoulder strap with brass-plated roller buckle and leather pad. Leather grip and storm flap with snap closures, two-way brass zipper with leather pulls and storm flap with bridle leather snap tab closure. 100% Cotton...
 It's not so much that I want a branded bag, it's that a particular bag will catch my eye with it's color/style that you can't find anywhere else. So it's either buy it from them, or not at all.  I've been a big fan of what Frank Clegg is doing. I think my next bag will be from them. 
So what luxury brands do create high quality products? It seems every fashion house out there has a $2000+ briefcase, and some of them have recently caught my eye (in particular Burberry & Dior). But since these brands don't really focus on leather goods, I'm wary I'd just be buying an very overpriced, outsourced, shoddy product. 
 Especially since contrast red soles have existed since, oh, the 1700s. 
Order went through just now, so there was some kind of glitch.