or Connect

Posts by Gosroth

2 good suits that actually fit sounds awesome, but believe me, I've tried a several dozen options on three continents by now and if it was that easy I would not be posting here (not intending to whine - your input is much appreciated). I have tried several storefront MTMs in Tokyo, results have been much less then stellar. To their justice, they did warn me beforehand that due to factory technical whatever, there where limits to how much the patterns could be adjusted....
 Fabric is quite nice, looks rather versatile, jacket can easily be worn alone for various occasions (if you dress in 3-piece on daily basis I guess that is of less importance). I agree shoulder shape looks quite nice, somewhere in-between the structured and and un-structured cuts. The messy upper back is probably easier to solve then it looks - most tailors can lower the collar (meaning that they take the excess rippling fabric up inside the collar so to speak), it's a 50...
  I have considered trying 46 long (92) which is the smallest long size, but from website measurements, sizing up from what I wear would be 1 inch bigger in the shoulders, almost 3 inches bigger in the chest and well over 2 inches bigger in the waist. I'm no expert on tailor alterations, but I think taking in 1 inch in the shoulders and 3 in the chest is going to beyond most tailors. 
 Good question. Last time the outlet was open (was last November I think), it was for Netherlands and North America customers only.  This time, it appears to be open to "select countries", which appears to mean large part of Europe. Customers from other countries will have to pay full price or use a package forwarding service it seems. I agree it's unfair though. Possible that Australia will be included in future outlet sales.  
Next up: Soho fit (DB), size 44 (US34):           First impression was that it was rather big and shapeless and felt almost old-man-ish. It's definitely a rather roomy and comfortable fit for me at any rate. The DB tailoring I've grown used to has been extremely fitted with a roped shoulder, example below:     But maybe this is just the common young man obsession with overly tight tailoring, and Soho is actually a good fit? I really can't decide for...
 Thanks a lot for you comments!I do believe a slightly asymmetric shoulders yes, but it the pics it's probably exaggerated by the fact that I reach forward with my right arm to press to shutter on the camera, causing jacket sleeve to slide up a bit. I've been watching out for it in my recent photos, where it shows much less.   This is really what bothers me most. I suspect this is the result of having wide hips (relative to a very narrow waist), so when I wear a jacket...
Thanks a lot for the feedback sirs, really worth gold.  Thought I'd post some more pics of what I got from their EU outlet.   Washington size EU44 (US34):   Jacket is clearly longer then Havana, buttoning point lower and there is less crunching at the waist.  Overall this cut seems great for people who are really long and thin (Suit Supply long sizes start at 92 (36L), so if you are 34 or smaller, the long sizes will probably not help...
 Aye, that's what I paid for it, and for that price I can live with less then sartorial perfection, esp. as I will be wearing it very casually with oxford cloth shirts and and chinos most of time.
At 183 cm and 59kg I have a hard time fitting into RTW, but I thought I´d sample some Suit Supply items when their outlet opened.   Just looking for items to wear rather casually, Havana and Boston turned to be rather reasonable fits. At least in my not-too-educated opinion.   Havana feels a tiny bit full in the chest, a little bit of pulling at the waist, and could be a tiny bit longer with lower button stance, but everything else then size 34 is just too damn big...