or Connect

Posts by whochrisliu

Thank you Lejourve,   The shoes are actually US 10.5 D. Whats interesting is that prior to walking around on them the toplines never bulged out. Walking around for a few minutes at home nothing ever happened. Only when I wore them out for the first time, which resulted in 2 nasty blisters did I notice the second day they looked like this. I wasnt even out that long really, did mostly driving unless...perhaps toe-ing the gas pedal somehow caused this? My left foot...
Well Mr. Lint thats not quite far as those Allen Edmonds are loafers not oxfords. I never have any trouble with loafers, every single one broke in. I tried dress shoes in the past, all I remember where heel blisters and sore feet. I have been wearing moccasins and loafers since. Just recently I decided that its time I try again to get into dress shoes. Lurking around here seeing people talk about their shoes and reading my shoe making book really inspired me. So far...
Just a small update. While examining the shoe I found out that if I put it on the ground and press the middle of the insole with my 2 fingers, the sides billow out. So....im not sure what to make of that.       EDIT- I found this while searching online...   "Bulging toplines like in the picture could be caused by two things -- 1) not enough time on the last in production so that the toplines don't take the form as well as they should, or 2) too much time in...
    Fuck the police! Shit I just got a ticket today because supposedly I ran a red light.
I like #3. but then again 90% of my wardrobe is black.
Well I guess I will have to wait till monday, take them to the shoe hospital see what the guy says. He fixed a deep scratch on a pair of my calfskin loafers a while back dont know what can be done about these. Might have to just shelf them and move on to the next one. The transition from moccasins to laceups has been one hell of a painful one. (Physically and financially)
Oh the style I hate the most is the "Fashionable Preppy" look. You know they got a bright buttoned up shirt untucked, sleeves rolled up, a vest that is too short, dress pants and oxfords, with ridiculous D&G Sunglasses and the hipster gel hair? (Some might even have the audacity to wear those horrid black and white checkered skater shoes instead of the dress shoes) hell might as well add in some ear gauges and a crappy oversized digital watch to boot. Looks like a...
      Yeah speaking of wonky feet.... There you go! Come one come all, see the legendary sasquatch foot!   Interestingly enough though, prior to wearing them out for the first time they did not do that when I stood up.... I just dont know if its fashionably acceptable to wear anymore. I mean they do look ugly when I stand up the inside liner is tan too so they stick out. I dont know if a cobbler perhaps can do anything?
No they are Vass. I dont think they are large, out of the box they where quite snug, but they are broken in now and more comfortable. I just have no idea what the hell happened last night. I dont remember them being like a few days ago.   edit- I do have a pair of Allen Edmonds they are my every day shoe but they are not lace ups, no problems at all fit like a glove right out of the box.
Hi guys, Just wanted to get some thoughts on the way my new shoes stretched, yesterday I took them out for a night out town really put some miles on them. I had the shoes for a week already, they are semi broke in but yesterday was the first time I really walked around in them. Prior to that I use to just walk around home for a hour or two to get them accustomed to my feet. Well today I tried them on again to see if they feel different, and they do lot more comfortable...