or Connect

Posts by whochrisliu

Thank you for your advice. Funny thing is is I am only 23...but I got a head start being a shopaholic though, I began buying "nice stuff" since I was 19 working full time (70 hrs a week at my family restaurant). The idea was if you owned everything that was best in its class then your quality of life skyrockets, your a brimming image of success, you look in the mirror and say "I've made it!"...right? But the past 4 years I pretty much bought everything I wanted...
Hello all!   I was just wanting some input from you guys as to what you would do. Say you have a couple grand saved up, is been a hell of a year and you want to reward yourself. Would you rather go on a big shopping spree or would you rather go all out on a 7 day cruise? This is my dilemma, for the past 4 years I have always opted for the shopping spree. My reasoning has always been that you can keep these material items until you die and resell them if need be,...
      Thanks for the info, I emailed Lobb for one of their forums, I checked out both Vass-Shoes and the Vass-Cipo website I cant find the contact info to Rezso, do you know what it is? Well the area I pressed is where the shank would be, but with all the high praise of Vass shoes and their build quality how on earth would they screw up with the steel shank?   Thank you both for your very honest opinions. Kind of sucks, 700 clams down the drain, this shoe went wrong on...
Thank you Lejourve,   The shoes are actually US 10.5 D. Whats interesting is that prior to walking around on them the toplines never bulged out. Walking around for a few minutes at home nothing ever happened. Only when I wore them out for the first time, which resulted in 2 nasty blisters did I notice the second day they looked like this. I wasnt even out that long really, did mostly driving unless...perhaps toe-ing the gas pedal somehow caused this? My left foot...
Well Mr. Lint thats not quite far as those Allen Edmonds are loafers not oxfords. I never have any trouble with loafers, every single one broke in. I tried dress shoes in the past, all I remember where heel blisters and sore feet. I have been wearing moccasins and loafers since. Just recently I decided that its time I try again to get into dress shoes. Lurking around here seeing people talk about their shoes and reading my shoe making book really inspired me. So far...
Just a small update. While examining the shoe I found out that if I put it on the ground and press the middle of the insole with my 2 fingers, the sides billow out. So....im not sure what to make of that.       EDIT- I found this while searching online...   "Bulging toplines like in the picture could be caused by two things -- 1) not enough time on the last in production so that the toplines don't take the form as well as they should, or 2) too much time in...
    Fuck the police! Shit I just got a ticket today because supposedly I ran a red light.
I like #3. but then again 90% of my wardrobe is black.
Well I guess I will have to wait till monday, take them to the shoe hospital see what the guy says. He fixed a deep scratch on a pair of my calfskin loafers a while back dont know what can be done about these. Might have to just shelf them and move on to the next one. The transition from moccasins to laceups has been one hell of a painful one. (Physically and financially)
Oh the style I hate the most is the "Fashionable Preppy" look. You know they got a bright buttoned up shirt untucked, sleeves rolled up, a vest that is too short, dress pants and oxfords, with ridiculous D&G Sunglasses and the hipster gel hair? (Some might even have the audacity to wear those horrid black and white checkered skater shoes instead of the dress shoes) hell might as well add in some ear gauges and a crappy oversized digital watch to boot. Looks like a...