or Connect

Posts by Hennessy

Quote: Originally Posted by Albern Before reading this thread I used to think that galoshes were strictly for rain weather. This is primarily due to my connotation of galoshes being what children would wear - bright colours, no lining, and made of rubber. I wouldn't think they would provide much warmth for winter. I'm actually starting to like these boots http://www.hunter-boot.com and I'll likely pick up a pair for the harsh Canadian winters. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by knittieguy I might be wrong, but I think there are only two jackets pictured here. The "second" one is just a close up of the first. I think you're wrong. A grey one, a marine (?) and a corduroy in the last picture. How does the Chan's fit in the back? Proper lenght? Do they have a standard regarding vents, or is it all up to the customer? Also how well does it wear during movement? Does it keep like a drape, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by dv3 This seems obvious, but I too have only worn mine in the winter. However, I should have worn them on a particular day this summer and nearly ruined my shoes. Luckily the cobbler cleaned them up like new. I only have black ones for now. Given their purpose, coordination of colors isn't the first thing I am thinking about when wearing them. That said, there is nothing wrong with coordinating. We are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot Most of the time I carry around a pair of galoshes in my day bag. They're not that bulky/heavy and all it takes is getting caught in a rainstorm with a nice pair of Oxfords to make sure you constantly have them! I wear them in all seasons if it's raining. I have them in a plastic grocery bag which keeps my day bag dry after I take them off. Hope that helps. Sounds good. Mine came with a small plastic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hans I would like to know the answer myself. Which brand do you use? I'm planning to buy a pair this winter. I bought several pairs from Swims (http://www.swims.com/) I just recently ordered some matching umbrellas as well. Their colors might be a bit to much, but I like it. They do have black though. It's a norwegian brand, but I've seen shops all around the world with their merchandise, so you should be able to...
Parker, The jackets are tremendous! How many fittings did you have? Did you have to do any later alterations to the finished product? It it feasible to have all the fittings and a finished product in say two weeks if I am to travel to HK? Due to the distance I would rather not have to travel back and forth several times.
The fit is excellent! Is it possible to get a few shots from the side and back?
Hi, Last winter I bought myself a couple of Galoshes and I used them pretty heavy during the winter. It's nothing more satisfying then arriving at work, take them off and see that the shoes look perfect. For the last few days it has been raining and my shoes tend to get a bit grimy when arrive at my destination. My question is; is it okay to wear galoshes during the summer? I also wonder as to when to take them off. Normally I take them off when I arrive at the...