or Connect

Posts by delmar

I had my first experience ordering something from the new shoe bank website.  I just got a pair of 12E Ashbury seconds boots in tan that came from the Charleston, SC store.  They look and fit great.  Two thumbs way up for the service provided by the shoebank and the Charleston store.
Great idea and a great looking site.  Saved to my favorites.
I liked Hannah Morgen Smith's ideas most of all.  She seems to have the best understanding of Allen Edmonds mission of all the candidates.  Her single monk strap wingtip was her best idea--make it with cognac Dublin leather and double oak soles and a split-reverse welt and a much bigger buckle and I'll buy a full retail price first quality pair.  Hannah gets my vote. 
Either send them back for a refund or keep them for $125.00 and learn to like them.  It's too late to chisel the seller down now.
I went to the Port Washington factory store this morning. I scored a pair of Clark Street seconds. My usual size is 12E, but I went with 11.5EEE and I'm happy with the fit. I got the shoes, a clearance belt, and a seconds quality pair of trees--all for less than $250.00. If I had been able to stick around for a couple more hours, I might have got the chance to meet Wisconsin's governor Scott Walker--he was scheduled to arrive there at 2:30.
I disagree.  That would lead to people buying a new pair of shoes and then nitpicking some minor flaw and then swooping in and scarfing them up as seconds.  People are too picky as it is.  
The guy has already admitted that he has not only worn them, he has done some fiddling around with polishing them.  AE customer service is fantastic, but if they take the shoes back they won't be able to sell them as firsts or seconds.  The shoes will probably end up being sold on ebay by the Hitch-n-Post for a song to someone who wouldn't care about the dimple/wrinkles--all because of a "flaw" that wouldn't even be noticeable after wearing them for a week.  
Not a flaw in my book.  I'd forget about it if I were you.  I don't think that "flaw" would warrant calling them seconds.  I would never reject a pair of shoes for minor dings or scratches.  Crooked captoes or asymmetric wingtips or lacing up crooked are the things that I look for and wouldn't abide.
There are new Mcneil webgems up at the AE website.  Natural leather, burgundy, and cognac with a few  different rubber sole options.  I would choose the cognac with the red rubber sole.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_binding