or Connect

Posts by delmar

I'm just the opposite.  I like the welts and the double sole clunkiness of the Norwich.  The sleeker looking Franciscan doesn't appeal to me at all.  I will keep an eye out for this new Warwick.   If the 222 last is what most people seem to have a problem with, maybe AE should make a double sole, split reverse welt monk strap on the same last that the Mctavish uses.  The McTavish doesn't seem to get a lot of complaints about the fit.
I have the Norwich in black, brown, and brown shell.  And I have a pair of Lubbocks which are pretty much the same thing as the Norwich except more casual looking.  These are my favorite shoes.  I have wide, flat feet.  I wear them in my normal size of 12E and they fit perfectly in length and width although I do cinch the straps up to the tightest notch--the shells were a little loose and I ended up putting another set of holes in the straps so I could cinch them up a...
Too bad that they couldn't do anything about that kink in the toe.
Before and after pictures of my Cambridge and Norse recrafts.      
The Norwich in brown genuine shell cordovan gets my vote.  It's brown and since you'll be getting shell anyway, you might as well get the Cadillacs of the AE fleet.
I wear boots year around.  If they are good enough for farmers and construction workers, they're good enough for me.
Not as inexpensive as the deal quoted, but Allen Edmonds does sell second quality shoe trees at a discount at the factory store--if not other places as well.
I refreshed and they were $399.00.  Or maybe they always were.  Maybe I just wished they were.
There is a pair of 12E burgundy shell Dundees for $299.00 at the shoe bank.  Somebody grab them before they figure out it's a mistake.  
Then I'll just say that the Jomocs fit relatively big with lots of room in the toes but not sloppy in the heel area.  My feet don't slide around in them but I have room to wiggle my toes.