or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

Incredibly nice charcoal suit from Corneliani in size 56R EU Drop 7. In my experience, the 'Leader' suits fit one size smaller than their tag size, and is cut relatively slim, so it could maybe also work as a 44R too. Check measurements to be sure. Suit is brand new with tags.    Price includes shipping from Norway (with tracking)    Jacket:  -100% Super 110's wool in charcoal grey  -Full-canvass construction  -Two button, single breasted  -Double vented  -Softer...
A bit older Tuxedo from the Corneliani "Linea Sartoria" line. It's around 15 years old, but has been hanging in the closet for most of the time.    A bit lower gorge than what you find today, identical to the tux that Robert Redford wore in "The Sting". Just add a cummerbund and you'll have that look nailed.        Shipping from Norway is 25$ with tracking (World wide)   Jacket  -Black superfine wool  -Single button  -Peak lapels  -Unvented  -Silk...
Very nice Corneliani tuxedo in 52R EU, only been worn once for two hours.    Bought it brand new (in a hurry) for an event that was due the same day, and have not worn it since.  I got the tailor to take it in a bit in the back, and had one more button added (I like that look, but the button can be removed with no aftermarks) afterwards. The trousers weren't properly hemmed, so there's full factory length to them.    It's a great looking tux with a mix of the old and...
Hi, I recently bought a Brioni suit off Ebay. Upon receiving it, I thought that the shades of pants and coat looked a tiny bit different, and they had a slightly different feel to them. I check the labels, where size and fabric codes match, but the client/order and line does not match. They're completely different.   I'm not sure how the internal Brioni ordering system works, but the codes would indicate that they either came from a different batch and/or from different...
Picked this one up on Ebay, but it's far too large for me.   It's from their older line, probably 90's. The gorge and buttoning point is somewhat lower than what you'd find today, but I wouldn't really call it too dated. I had one Corneliani tux that was about 6 years old, and the stance/gorge were identical to this.   Size is 102 8L, which should roughly translate to 42L, maybe 44L US? See measurements. It's in decent condition, some stains on the inside of the...
I rarely see any talk about Hermes ties around here. What's the opinion on those? I know they're loved, and a somewhat status symbol among those working in Finance (along with Ferragamo). They seem to be one of the easiest selling ties out there, if you like to flip stuff...but can't really remember the last time I saw anyone here on SF wear one, or discuss them. Where I live they're price around 200$ in the Hermes stores, roughly the same you pay for the other brands...
I think it really depends on the ties. I've gone through numerous of the usual suspects (Borrelli, Marinella, Charvet, Charvet, Kiton, etc.) and there's been some duds here and there. The percentage of "Fantastic" has of course been much higher on the above bracket, than with those 100$ bucks cheaper. But that's as expected.   With that said, I absolutely need to give Canali some credit. I've owned 20 of them so far (from the last 1-5 years), and all but one have been...
Just checking the interest on this one. Still haven't taken it to the tailor, so the trousers are unhemmed, etc.    There are two blemishes on this one (hence the price...)    1. A small, very thin cut in the fabric on right sleeve. It's really hard to see, even in bright light, due to the cashmere fabric. Probably something that a competent tailor can fix pretty easily. See the pics, took them with flash and bright-lit room.    2. One small, penny sized stain on the...
Friday wear   Suit: Cesare Attolini  Shirt and Tie: Borrelli  Shoes: Santoni FAM