or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

And for those wondering: They replaced the Roma fit with Torino. Torino is pretty much identical to Roma, but with more roping and slimmer cut.    I have one Roma and Milano suit from the last season they carried Roma, and they are actually identical. 
Here are two articles going through St. Andrews construction:    http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.no/2010/01/saint-andrews.html http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.no/2012/02/ralph-lauren-purple-label.html     Again, LP almost is pricing their stuff almost exclusively on the fabric used. You can get a "normal" LP jacket for around $3000, while a Kiton will easily cost between $6000-$8000, brand new in stores.      I have a friend that actually works at Loro Piana, so...
Also, interesting observation for the geeks, Loro Piana and Paul Stuart (Stuart's Choice) used the same manufacturers for their suits during the same time periods. Caruso -> Isaia -> St. Andrews    So if you find any of those tags in either a Loro Piana or Stuart's Choice suit/jacket, you can assume the age:    Caruso tag: early-mid 00's  Isaia: Late 00's  St. Andrews: The past 5 years or so.   On a completely different note: I found a RLBL suit which was made by...
^Current suits are made by St. Andrews, but I think they have different lines. Their "Business" suit line (which has pretty much been untouched in as far as style goes for the past 20 years) is very plain and business-formal looking. They also seem to offer very lightweight and casual looking suits, which could very well may be made by G.abo, haven't checked out those.    It should also be noted that LP jackets are incredibly light-weight, often unlined and with minimal...
I've owned a bunch of Loro Piana.    The suits I've owned have been made by:    Caruso  Isaia  St. Andrews    The latest stuff has been from St. Andrews. 
Used Corneliani 'Leader' suit for sale. Size 52R EU in a dark charcoal color, with a subtle stripe pattern to it. Some sheen on the trousers in the crotch area, but it blends with the natural "shine" from the silk. (With that said, it's not a "shiny" silk suit).  More lightweight than the regular 100% Super 120's - Super 150's suits I've owned from them.    Shipping from Norway is $30   -55% wool / 45% silk -Full-canvas construction -Flat front trousers -Soft...
I'd say mid 00's    They had the black "Z" right before they started with the plain black (no white threads) zegna logo.    Here's the one that came after.   
I've had three disasters in a row on Ebay for the past month. Bought 3 different suits, from 3 different sellers, all advertised as "very good", "excellent", "9/10" condition. Every damn suit had extensive dry-cleaning sheen all over, alt felt like garbage despite high-quality fabrics.(due to the pressing/dry clean damage) Obviously work suits that have been handed to thrift shops or goodwill, rather than the trash bin. I'm so, so tired of these clueless Ebay...
Is there a specific reason that you went for single vented jacket? Both the MTM suits you've posted have had the back vent flaring. 
Picked this up on Ebay last week, but after some consideration, its a bit too slim for me right now. Used condition, and there is one flaw, a tiny tear in fabric on the front below the left pocket. I am going to guess that this is something a competent reweaver can fix, as its small and just a straight line, not hole. Its really not noticeable, as the fabric is quite dark.  International shipping from Norway would be 30 USD  Specs-Spring 2015 Anthony / ANT 2B NTCH ANT X...