or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

Here's a question for you guys that buy and sell lots internationally:    About 5 weeks ago I sold a suit to a fellow SF'er worth 400$, and I made the blunder of the year by shipping the box as a letter, not tracked. By doing that, I of course didn't send any pro forma/sales invoice with it, but wrote that it contained one suit worth 400$ on a smaller customs sticker.     Two weeks later said SF'er opened up a paypal claim against me, and won it one week after that....
Where do the larger Ebay stores get all the brand new high-end stuff from?  I see some stores that stock up on huge loads of Kiton, Belvest, Isaia, etc. Granted, some of the stuff seems to have very strange patterns and colors, so it could come from liquidation sales, or steep sales. But some of the stores get in that stuff on a fairly regular basis, year round.    Especially Belvest seems to fall under that category on Ebay. 2-3 sellers that are selling 95% of Belvest...
Lovely Corneliani tux for sale. It's marked 46EU, which would be 36R US, but IMO it's more like a 38R. I've owned two of these Corneliani Tuxedos before, and they've all fit one size bigger than marked. -Wider peak lapels -1 button -Unvented -Full canvass construction-Single pleat trousers with satin strip. No belt loops (Does have buttons for suspenders). -Black S100 wool.  Asking 399$ shipped w/tracking from Norway.   Coat Shoulders: 18" Chest P2P: 20" Sleeves: 24" +...
Well, at 400$-500$ you have A LOT of better looking options than that Oxxford. I'm guessing that you're somewhere between 38-40?    I'd probably just check out Suitsupply first. Great return policy, so you can pretty much try 'til you find the right one there, if you don't have any stores around you.    Other than that, you could always find some pretty staple (used) Canali, Corneliani, Caruso and Zegna suits 
Ordered a Tuxedo from a huge seller on the Italian Ebay two weeks ago. Got the package today, aaaaand...he shipped out the wrong tux. Not wrong size, but completely wrong tuxedo.  The guy barely speaks English, but it's pretty annoying that I as the end user will be out 50$(return shipping), because some guy didn't spend two extra seconds checking the item he was shipping out.    Is there ANY way to get the return shipping cost back, or am I just out of luck here? 
What's your maximum budget?    I really detest those older Oxxford notches. And the fits can really be a hit or miss, the older it gets. 
This one item that I've been watching has now been re-listed 3 times in a month, each time ending in bidding wars. First time it was listed for 200$, and ended on 300$. Then got re-listed for 300$, and ended on 450$, and now it has been re-listed for 450$.    I'm not sure what the seller is trying to do...shill-bidding? Really want the item, but again, sounds like a fishy seller. 
Anyone tried any ravazzolo lately? How are they? I'm especially interested in information about more recent stuff.  Would 300$-500$ be a decent price for brand spanking new Ravazzolo suits?     From the looks, they seem to have the same styling as more recent Zegna, Corneliani and Canali. 
Yes, still available. 
Seems like they really hit the peak last year, and continue to rage on this year. Classic shoes, but they seem to be the new square-toed Kenneth Cole shoes. (Though better looking)    Absolutely everyone's wearing them.