or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

You could check out online MTM, since you have a difficult size.   Personally I've only tried Black Lapel(www.blacklapel.com) but the results were good, keeping in mind that I took the measurements myself.    They offer half-canvass suits in staple colors from 450$ and up, and you can customize the suit any way you like. I ordered my suit two years ago, and they've grown a lot since then.    But then again, when is the wedding? 
Check out suitsupply. They have nice return policies, and offer slimmer fitting suits. 
For 500$-600$ I'd probably get Caruso. 
Measurements added.
Selling a solid navy Hickey Freeman suit. The suit has only been worn once, so no tears,marks or anything.  -Madison cut -Fully canvassed construction -Loro Piana S130 fabric -Single vent -Double pleats  Suit is located in Norway, shipping outside EU is 30$, inside 25$.  Chest P2P: 56 cm / 22" Shoulders: 48 cm / 19" Length BOC: 78 cm / 30.7"Sleeve length: 63 cm / 24.8" (Can get them lengthened for you, no extra charge) Trouser inseam: 30" with 1.5" cuffs, and 1" folded...
Picked this up here a couple of weeks ago, and it's a crying shame I have to sell it, as I spent a good year looking for one...my loss, your gain.  Detail: -50EU 7R -Midnight Blue in 70% wool / 30% silk cloth. -Classic wide peak lapels -Unvented-1 button -Fully canvassed and made by Caruso.-Jetted pockets/no flaps -No belt loops -Flat front pants -Retails for around 3k$ in stores  Suit is located in Norway, 30$ for tracked shipping if you're in US, 25$ if EU.Price:...
Cesare Attolini for Luciano Barbera in size 56EU, but it's a bit on the slim side, so I think it would fit a 44 best. I'll come back with measurements later, but chest P2P is just over 23", and shoulders are about 18.8". I'm normally a slim 40R, and this feels about one or two sizes too large.    Got it yesterday, but seller missed on the size and measurements, so I can't use it.    There's 3 known issues, but otherwise I can't find any rips, tears or anything. Looks...
Well, I actually got the suit today (that I posted about yesterday), and it's nothing but a disaster.    The suit was advertised as size 40R in the ebay auction, and guess what the tag says? 56EU  Measurements are off by at least an inch everywhere. Shoulders, Chest, you name it.    Then we have the shipping.    Me and the seller agreed twice that he/she would declare down value to 30$, and mark it as a gift. "Sure", "No problem, will do". Guess what it showed up...
1. It's made by Caruso    2. If you're more comfortable with 6x2, you could always just add two more buttons. I also have a Custom Fit RLPL with 4x2, never bothered me.    However, that's a pretty loud pinstripe. Not sure in what context you're going to use it, but It's really not too suitable for work. 
Suit, shipped from US to Norway. I'm sure it will arrive sooner or later though... but still annoying when sellers take extra charge for shipping, only to ship it out with something cheaper and far slower.    Usually get the same "It turned out to be more expensive, and I had to get it shipped out" line.    On a side note, I've noticed that more and more US sellers are using the Global Shipping Program these days. I'm getting my first package with GSP right now, and so...