or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

Here's one tip I've heard regarding both Hermes and Ferragamo: The silk texture/stripes should run vertical, not horizontal. I don't know the technical term for it, but if you zoom in on either ties (at least the legit ones), you should see that the silk goes in vertical stripes. (or at least somewhat vertical/a bit slanted) 
Nice suit that I bought here recently. It's just a bit too big for me, so here it goes.    -Dark gray Super 150's wool  -Two button, single breasted  -Dual vents  -Single pleat trousers    Pit to Pit: 22 Inches Shouders: 18.5 Inches Sleeves pit to cuff: 18 Inches Trousers: 31 Inches legs Waist: 19 Inches across buttoned   World wide shipping w/tracking from Norway is $25 
Classic staple tuxedo from Brioni for sale. Not much to say, everyone here knows Brioni. It's in used but good condition, I recently bought it but only got to wear it twice for some events. Since I'm losing weight, I figured this will be too big in a couple of months. White Brioni bag included.    Specs:    -Peak lapels  -Grossgrain facing  -100% black wool  -Unvented  -Double pleat trousers    Measurements coming up soon.    $25 world wide shipping (with...
Another tie brand: Have anyone here ever seen "Ga Ga" ties? I thrifted one the other day. Extremly hefty 7-fold tie...Nice silk, though it makes a gigantic knot even with FIH.    "Ga Ga piazza dei mortiri  NAPOLI" 
Anyone familiar with Richel ties? Hand made in Spain.    Thrifted a big lot of various ties, where two of them were Richel. The silk is really outstanding, and the quality seems quite good too. The designs are not for everyone (think Ferragamo and Hermes), but the silk really blew me away. And they go for next to nothing on Ebay too. 
Here's a nut for the label geeks. I'm completely lost in this one:    Found inside a Patrick Hellmann Collection suit. Probably made in Italy.  And what does "Made in UE IVA PT" mean? I know UE means EU in Italian, and IVA means VAT.      From another similar suit  
Have you tried 44S ?    I've been helping a friend that has the exact same stats, and 44S seems to work perfectly with most brands. Maybe even Regular, if the suit has a modern (i.e short) cut. 
 Caruso.  The RLPL timeline looks roughly like this (for suits and sport coats)  1994 - Early 00s = Chester Barrie Early 00s to around 2008 = St. Andrews (Suits and sport coats) and Cantarelli (Some sport coats) 2008 - Today = Caruso  With that said, I've heard that RLPL went back to SA this or last year. 
It's hard to tell what line those suits are. If they're made in Italy, it could be by Lardini. I know some of their stuff is made in Mauritius too.    Their Caruso (and previously SA) retails around £1500-£2200. I think they have one line that's even higher up, Made in England (Not their bespoke  stuff, but RTW. Maybe done in house too?) 
I have two Made in Italy suits by Gieves and Hawkes, one is made by St. Andrews, the other by Caruso. Both are excellent suits. Almost identical to my RLPL suits made by both makers...the SA made G&H actually has more handwork than my SA made RLPL.