or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

I've had a lot of Black Lapel and Purple Label suits...the Caruso made RLBL and RLPL suits were very similar, at least the Savile Row and Anthony cuts. To be honest, I could not distinguish those two suits. Both looked and felt identical, but the RLPL probably had nicer inner workings? Never got to check. And marginally less shoulder construction.    My St. Andrews stuff is a bit different, but still not anywhere near natural or soft shoulders, but nicer than the Caruso...
It's a season / all-year.
Turns out the holding period (up to 21 days) is just for new sellers such as me. But anyway, here's what seems to be happening:    I sold a suit (after shipping and fees) from Norway to USA for 260$ two weeks ago, when the USD/NOK was at 8.1 or so, which translates to 2080 NOK with my banks rates.  But since paypal has been holding my cash for two weeks now, the USD/NOK has dropped to 7.6, which equals roughly to 1950 NOK, so I've lost 130 NOK while wating...or around...
Damnit, the holding period sucks when dealing internationally. Since I was paid two weeks, the USD has become much weaker, and I've lost 20 bucks on one item, purely because of the FX swing.  
Bought a couple of new Marinella ties that turned out to be complete fakes from  some Ebay seller (Italy). My brain must have been on standby when I made the purchase. Either way, the ties are self-tipped (and that's about it) but feel like 5$ Chinese "silk" ties. Terribly stiff, some shine, no pattern matching etc. Stay clear.    http://www.ebay.com/usr/moda_modi?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754
Check out Borrelli. Same amount of handwork as older Kiton, and even Attolini. But quite cheaper, and with just as flattering cuts and fantastic fabrics.
Fantastic Belvest Mainline DB suit for sale. I will never be able to get into it, as it's far too slim for me, but here it goes:  -S120  wool, Grey POW Check. (Year round weight) -6x2 config -Working sleeve buttons -Double vented -Full-canvass construction -Slightly roped shoulders with slanted shoulder seams.  Trousers-Cuffed -Single pleat  Chest Pit to Pit: 21" Shoulders: 18.5"Waist: 19"Sleeve length(functional): 25.25"Length bottom of collar: 30"  inseam (cuffed):...
@MrNestor I checked out a couple of OJ suits and blazers a some months back. I really liked the Fabric and look of those. IIRC, the shoulders were completely natural, and the blazer was unlined. Probably very much like suitsupply. Cool stuff. 
That's normal wear.    I had metal toe taps installed at my local cobbler, I paid equivalent to 40$ (not in the US, but comparably expensive to NYC). The cobbler recommended me to just get vibram protective soles instead. Better sole protection, cheaper, etc...in hindsight, I should have gone for the protective soles.