or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

Dark grey mainline Zegna suit for sale.  The suit is barely used (if at all), front pockets still sewn shut, and I can't find any spots on it. Nice piece, but the shoulders don't work for me.  It has a 3-roll-2 setup, and 3 sleeve buttons. Shoulders are very Roma fit, i.e structured and somewhat wide. Overall, the fit reminds me of Ralph Lauren Black Label, but with more roomy pants.  Shipping is 25$, tracked world-wide. Suit is located in Norway.  Specs: Full-canvas...
Brand new Corneliani mainline suit for sale. It's in a brownish grey Prince of Wales check, with slight rust and blue overcheck, Super 110s material. Very nice looking in person, and quite hard to get on pictures. 'Leader' model which features lightly padded shoulders, high armholes and a trimmer cut. This could also work as a 40R ,please see measurements. Specs:-Fully canvassed-Double vent-Two button, single breasted-Trim flat front pants-Red lining.   Comes with a...
Apparently they're hand made in the UK and Italy(anyone know by whom?), and I have to say they're nice looking. I love the styling of these, but the price is a bit stiff...at 1500£-2500£, you have A LOT of different options out there.    Some pictures:      
Markowski maybe?    http://www.markowski.fr/
I'm guessing it's a made to measure suit that he(the tailor) will finish for the customers.    Or it could be some extremely basic bespoke suit, fused and all...who knows. Keep us updated on this.  400-500 bucks is usally in the local MTM range. 
While the old Polo RL suits were made by Corneliani, I can't really say that it made much sense to buy them, unless that's the exact cut you were looking for. Over here in Europe you can buy Corneliani mainline for the same price, only you'd get better construction(fully-canvassed suits) plus more fabric and cuts to chose from.    In fact, Corneliani has a pretty strong MTM program here, and at least twice a year you can get a base model Corneliani MTM suit for less than...
I tried on a couple of new blue label suits a couple of months ago, and I have to say, the were more sleek than any Corneliani made blue label I've tried. But they were very slim cut, especially the trousers.   Kinda like a hybrid between traditional black label and polo. 
Not Ebay specific, but I have a case/dispute with a fellow styleforum member against me. Any tips?    Eight weeks ago I sold a suit to some SF member, and after I had shipped the suit he found out that he would have to pay import taxes and customs fees. This was a huge problem for him, so I agreed to refund half of that sum (60$), just to be nice. Obviously this is something that a buyer has to know or find out, as various countries have different import...
From what I've read, the Factory (Caruso) is put this way: You have different work stations, where the pieces go through, and the specification for that particular item comes up on the screen, with detailed guides and whatnot.  http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.no/2012/02/ralph-lauren-purple-label.html So, in short, you might find some details on a Sartoria Parma that aren't on a RLPL, and vice versa.
The luxury market is aimed at people that can afford it. A vast majority of the people who can afford without thinking twice either don't have time for bespoke, or care about the fit at the obsessive levels we do. They see something nice with a high price tag and nice name to it, good enough. Look at Hollywood...I've never seen so many ill-fitting $5000-6000 suits in one place.    A couple of months ago I actually got to meet the mythical personal shopper in action, and...