or Connect

Posts by dreamspace

Bought a couple of new Marinella ties that turned out to be complete fakes from  some Ebay seller (Italy). My brain must have been on standby when I made the purchase. Either way, the ties are self-tipped (and that's about it) but feel like 5$ Chinese "silk" ties. Terribly stiff, some shine, no pattern matching etc. Stay clear.    http://www.ebay.com/usr/moda_modi?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754
Check out Borrelli. Same amount of handwork as older Kiton, and even Attolini. But quite cheaper, and with just as flattering cuts and fantastic fabrics.
Fantastic Belvest Mainline DB suit for sale. I will never be able to get into it, as it's far too slim for me, but here it goes:  -S120  wool, Grey POW Check. (Year round weight) -6x2 config -Working sleeve buttons -Double vented -Full-canvass construction -Slightly roped shoulders with slanted shoulder seams.  Trousers-Cuffed -Single pleat  Chest Pit to Pit: 21" Shoulders: 18.5"Waist: 19"Sleeve length(functional): 25.25"Length bottom of collar: 30"  inseam (cuffed):...
@MrNestor I checked out a couple of OJ suits and blazers a some months back. I really liked the Fabric and look of those. IIRC, the shoulders were completely natural, and the blazer was unlined. Probably very much like suitsupply. Cool stuff. 
That's normal wear.    I had metal toe taps installed at my local cobbler, I paid equivalent to 40$ (not in the US, but comparably expensive to NYC). The cobbler recommended me to just get vibram protective soles instead. Better sole protection, cheaper, etc...in hindsight, I should have gone for the protective soles. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Lavender-Tailored-Fit-Dress-Shirt-New-450-/300958051976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=600147309868&hash=item46127f6e88   Close enough? 
The past half year or so I've been buying lots of stuff from these sellers. Lots of different sellers from Italia selling ultra-cheap designer stuff.    From what I've gathered, these sellers buy the items (often many seasons old) in huge bulk from various outlets and storage places. Some of the stuff is excellent, some can be really old and odd.    It's legit, but the vast majority is not what you can call staple pieces. One of these guys was selling really nice Kiton...
The really rich kids usually wear xxxx$ sneakers, Hermes everything and casual designer clothes from top to bottom. Usually accompanied by ridiculously expensive sports cars.    I do see some young guys at high-end stores that tend to wear more classic menswear, but yeah, it completely depends on the individual. I've seen some incredibly out of place college juniors in DB suits, suspenders, camel coats etc. It looks more like a costume than anything else, at that age....
Very cool idea. I hope that the recipients also give away the pieces that doesn't fit, instead of flipping it on Ebay.   I'm looking for a classic Tie, anything really. Blue? Dark Blue? Decent red? brown? etc. I have mostly everything else, but my tie "collection" is brutal.   I'll pay shipping from anywhere to Norway. When I come home from vacation I'll see what I put up for donation, think I have a nice couple of black cap-toes in 10D that are far too tight for me....