or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

Love the old guy wearing the fur felt instead of a panama! Could you actually get away with a fur felt in summer, say an Acorn Stylemaster? I think not, but worth thinking about just a little.
 I didn't ask him that one. My understanding is that the rollable feature is really only for travel occasionally, and not for instance, a briefcase everyday. Doesn't it require the round crown as well? You can specify the metric head size in the comments box to avoid confusion between US and UK sizing.
Thanks for these, I definitely prefer the Caballero now, love the burgundy ribbon! Be careful though, they got hotter as the weave gets tighter. I'm going to stick to the 300 weave. Just throw it on and forget about it - that's the best way. If somebody says something just say it's sun protection. I think Akubra might be the oft' forgotten gem of the remaining Australian rag trade.  That's true, I don't know how navy would look next to the straw. The burgundy above is...
 I'm thinking of getting a Cuenca and Montecristi from Panama Bob, both natural coloured. Will get one of each block, just deciding which one for which hat. I agree, the crown will be lower on the tear drop, which I see as the main advantage.  Coxsackie, I have seen you mention your Fed IV, I guess you have the height to pull off the high crown, but I'm too short. I have an Akubra Fedora instead. On a panama, do you have a preference on black ribbon brown shoes or navy...
Speaking of Panama hats, what do you think, centre dent or tear drop? I'm leaning towards the former to avoid looking like a mobster. Do you think the classic black ribbon looks fine with brown shoes or better a navy ribbon?
I love English lasts, but not everybody can wear them. Some people have thick and wide feet with short toes, and therefore in Australia are pushed towards something like a Sioux. The classic Austro-Hungarian Vass lasts would be great for such people, but aren't readily available. These are considered by some as perhaps inelegant, but are necessary for others. Perhaps not in the case of AE, but maybe the different regional last shapes evolved with the corresponding feet types?
 This one! Maybe on the classic round toe.
Whenever I hang, brush or press a Luxire garment, I often think to myself 'Whoever made and finished that garment loves what they do'. Moving it along, what summer colours for smart trousers suit somebody with a 'stocky' physique beyond a light grey or navy? I find that cream and biege colours don't really suit me.
Wow! Does that cascade with the 10% SF code?
Select the shirt fabric and add to cart (don't enter any details), and also add to cart a DHL ticket. Then go to checkout, and write in the comments box, "Instructions to follow via email". Then send an email to your order confirmation that says, 'Please replicate measurements from shirt sent in. I'd like it made in the style of ...'. Attach as many specific details and images as you can, and enjoy your new shirt.