or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

You will from me soon.
Well, I used to be a Hi-Fi nut, but really and truly, many things in the Hi End Audio industry are based on contortions and improper application of theory.   Move on to headphones! HD-800's are aural bliss. Very doubtful you'll get a speaker to match their performance.   I'm personally more interested in one of the Yamaha Avantgrand Piano's with the real grand action in them. I don't think Yamaha has brought them to Australia yet.
JH,   I'd try re-loading windows on the old desktop. If you don't have time, you can un-install old software, do a few anti-malware scans and you might get a speed boost.   Let us know the spec of the PC, mine is 4 years 6 months but is going fine. Things haven't got that much better since the integrated quad cores.
 Sadly they went up with weight gain, but didn't go down at all with weight loss (didn't help that I put most of it back on). Possibly genetic, Dad told me that he went up at my age.
My feet have changed size in the last year, hence, I'm looking to get rid of a few pairs of AS Exclusives and C&J Handgrades in a 7 UK.   First on my list is a 7 UK Herrick in Dark Brown Suede, last 109, lasted shoe trees, two wears. If anybody in Sydney is interested, please let me know, I'd be keen to avoid postage.   Sorry if this is not allowed, I'll delete if required.
 I have Saphir products, including the neutral conditioner and waxes. Frankly, I find Collinol as conditioner and cream, and Angelus as wax easier to use. Sometimes one produces better results, sometimes the other. Collonil conditioner and Angelus wax are (or were) available for a good price at DJs, smell a lot better (or a lot less of turps) and go on and off easier than Saphir.
Blaskarm, let the fork out and possibly also the hips slightly.
Speaking of great cloth arrivals, I got a sample of the Dugdale 130s Navy End on End that my Luxire suit will be made from.    The Dugdale 130s is extremely smooth and refined, and possibly light enough to be used as a spring summer wool for most.   I also have a $75 canvas trial jacket that I might post pics of - but perhaps I'll wait to the final suit and post it all together to show the evolution from the replication jackets sent to Luxire.   Finally, I would...
Not as yet on my front - but it shouldn't be too much longer.
Don't forget that as much as you may like a particular last style, it still has be adapted to your foot, and it is the shoe makers job to do this. For example, a short wide foot just can't carry off a very long and narrow chisel.   MacGuffen, regarding the length increase, make sure it's not too much. You might then have the problem of the vamping pinching when you flex your foot, which I've found is actually worse with suede as it gives more than calf. The toe area of...