or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

Definitely the most refined welted shoe I've seen from RM, half closed channel, where they sort of 'squash' the leather to cover the stitching on the sole. But not as refined as a C&J benchgrade with regards to the welt. You also can't adjust the toe shape for a MTO. The last is nicer than the standard Craftsmen, and so is the leather. I don't like the metal plate on the waist. It was my first try of boots ever, and I must say they were comfortable but very hard to get on...
Are there any opinions on the RM Williams signature model? They seem more refined in the last and welt, but retail around 640
I've unfortunately gained around 30 pounds in 7 months and what was a wide that could wear a narrow, is now an extra wide. Hardly if any change in length. A change in volume is certainly there, I'm feeling the upper between the arch and toes more than before. Diet time.
I have indeed seen pictures of Al Jolson and a young Bing Crosby from the late 20s and 30s where the coats are tighter cut, with less shoulder padding, more cut away at the bottom of the front, and worn shorter like current trends. When choosing a sports coat or suit (RTW or to be made), I generally feel that an un-padded shoulder with a high gorge doesn't look good on me (I'm round enough already). I prefer a small amount of padding with a gorge somewhere between the...
Regarding shipping to Luxire, how would we determine, "You also need to add the packet dimensions (length x width x height) and weight to the notes". Should we quote the required box size or the garment dimensions so that Luxire determine the required box?   Additionally, what sort of duties could be charged when sending in old garments for replication? Is there any way to print a label to avoid this?   Lastly, is the cost of returning the garment absorbed when the new...
 Thanks for the picture Luxire. Would you be able to let us know a bit more about and share a few more images of the coat making process? For instance, construction of the interfacing and shoulder, and quality of the button holes? How about some more detailed shots of how the finished collar sits, shoulder and sleeve hang? Additionally, what options are there for the coat making process? For instance, is the suit partially finished, sent to us for a try on, images taken,...
I'll be getting a one piece collar for my next shirt order and am after some advice regarding details (I already have my block down pretty well with Luxire).   Are there any particular details, apart from collar point length, collar band length and shape that I should look out for? Such as specifying the type of fusing or canvas?   From this thread, most examples of the one piece collar look like the English spread, how would it go with a semi spread?   Lastly, what...
Regarding B&T Tailor, would any body be able to comment on how flexible they are with regards to the silhouette or house style?
 Bucks or Monk?
 Thanks. But enough for some extra wiggle room?