or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

I was not only in on the $25 Cuenca, but a $145 Montecristi as well.
Anybody interested in a miss sized panama bob? About 56-57 cm (although marked as 58), ~ 250 wpsi. Brand new with a really soft leather band. Only flaw is that the hat was clearly resized from a larger size, so a stitch marks are visible. Looks roughly equal in quality to the $400 ones at Strand Hatters/City Hatters.
 I can confirm that he won't (or won't like to do) 'hand work' like buttonholes and seams. His machine made shirt construction quality is very high though, and of course hand work is involved in the custom collars. I don't really think he believes in it to be honest - even if he can. I'll confess though and say I prefer Luxire's construction owing to the shanked buttonholes, neater seams and separate arm and side seams. Even if it looks charming (particularly for casual...
It is bespoke. He drafts patterns and makes custom collars, and keeps them on file. As I said, you can probably request a fitting.   If only a tailor that offered his quality of service and value existed in Sydney.
I don't think Nahkle does a fitting shirt, unless requested. At least not for me. He also buys rolls and rolls of Alumo poplins, oxfords, twills, voiles, etc, so he is able to offer them at extremely reasonable prices.   If you want to drive on a Saturday, be aware, he is usually fully booked all day. Better to go on a late afternoon.
 Why? It doesn't really take that long from the city via train and Charles is on a street with nice cafes.
Both haha. Black is more elegant, but I think navy is more versatile. It could be a bit like the panama hat though where the black band goes with everything.
Black or navy canopy for a first solid umbrella (whangee or tiger wood)?
 Email sent and you're welcome :).
 I didn't want to mention names, but yes, the leather is more supple than the C&J HG. I can't comment directly on the others, but I know Luxire do use top end hides (like Crispin Bracken) and soling materials. The leather toe puffs and heals make the Luxire more comfortable and far faster to break in. They also use a slightly thicker sole that seems to last longer (although this is probably down to better fit). I'd still give the edge to the English RTW for things like...