or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

This discussion brings me to another point. What about wool trousers, with a less formal weave such as Fresco, paired a reasonably fitted and quality polo shirt? I've found winter wool trousers go fine with long sleeve knitted cotton tops, so what about the shirt sleeve version for summer? Do you think the level of formality of the trousers clashes with the polo (more so than the textures), or that it looks like you're about to play golf?
Fred Astaire, whose physique I have nothing in common with, was a very slight man, particularly through the legs. He looked his best in wider trousers and heavier cloths, and was fond of the double breasted jacket with a drape cut. When he tried narrower trousers later in his life, I don't think he ever equalled his wider trouser look, although in fairness, one can't dance at 75 as they did at 35.
 Looking forward to it NewSydney! Many Thanks.
Congratulations Jason! I do like the name Arthur Charles Segrott!
Luxire make individual patterns. I believe that all bespoke tailors will have some sought of reference drafting method they use to make patterns, even with the 'Rock of Eye'. That will of course influence the silhouette or 'house style'. If you read Thomas Mahon's blog, he regards highly accurate pattern manipulation as bespoke. Bespoke has additional connotations beyond individual patterns, and can be used as a reference for proper garment fittings in non-finished form,...
Thanks!
Many Congratulations on your wedding! Would you happen to have a shot of the button holes on the front closure of the jacket? Many Thanks.
 I'd be very interested to see the result as I'm thinking of doing the same myself. How long left to wait?
Do the standard Goodyear welted and screw sole boots still have a full leather innersole? Will RM do a rubber outsole with a leather inner sole?
Have seen the problem as well, the website has also been slow to load when working.