or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

Thanks for the responses everybody. I'm going for a week to Melbourne. Suit is a must unfortunately. I'll alternate it with a sports coat.   That aside, anywhere (sartorially speaking) to check out apart from Double Monk, American Tailors and the new Henry Bucks?
I'm going on a domestic business trip on the Flying Kangaroo and was wondering what is the best way to transport a suit and sports coat? Do I need to look out for things like steel shanks in shoes and springs in shoes trees? Many Thanks.
 Would be even better with a punched cap I think!
The closest thing I have in my wardrobe is a Loro Piana pure cashmere sports coat in Tobacco. I think it makes a nice change from a navy blazer and grey trouser combination, although it does stand out a bit more. For this reason, I find it more versatile for day wear. I like the 3r2 especially for a textured coat, but I would personally prefer a fully lined coat with a slightly lighter cloth if available.   PS: The new fina, wool knit and adamley PS are great! Thanks!
Not to undermine your polishing skills Wurger, but do you, like me, find that the Sydney sun is particularly kind to dark tan? They can seem underwhelming indoors but glow outside.
PoP, I believe these also go under the name 'Gentlemen's Jeans'.
Received a beautifully made pair of Cerruti Flannel slacks today! Adjustments from previous order made perfectly and all special requests met. Lovely cloth too.
 It is sad news indeed. My father has been a customer of theirs for over 30 years. Yes, their best years were the late 70s to 80s, when they were the pioneers of stocking a few major and many less known Italian labels in Sydney - I believe they may have suffered from some of these labels pulling out in recent years. I have never been to another store like it where the customer service, general knowledge and advice is that consistently excellent.
 To some extent, I believe Apple is now trying to compete against fashion or prestige brands, distinctly different from competing against other technology where functionality, innovation and ease of use is key. They are against a different kind of competition, labels where the functionality and quality is often secondary to the value in the brand. I think unlike other devices, it would not be appropriate in a professional environment. Perhaps I'm wrong, and it's just...