or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

That's beautiful work there! Certainly very confident for my shoes! I can't exactly tell from the images, but have you considered this process for the internal heel attachment http://www.styleforum.net/t/236180/my-oneboot-by-dwfii-updated-w-visit-to-dw/30#post_4337637.
Watch aficionados: I have one of these plated, entry level Longines quartz watches that I bought in high school.   https://plaza.hoyoshoji.co.jp/shop/upload/save_image/03152339_4b9e46892685e.jpg   Is it worth re-banding or should I look for an entry level mechanical instead?
I'm not going for a full cutaway, but I'm interested in trying the NOBD II due to its slightly curved shape.
Which is more cutaway, NOBD II or the semi spread?
@Luxire, can you do leather watch straps?
I would definitely choose the calf brown shoes over the suede in your situation. The higher rise midnight blue trousers would work well. This is well out of my depth, but I'd go for a lighter/flashy bow tie (peach/purple?) with a bright pocket square, maybe even a lapel flower. I'd say a satin tie, but the shade would be tricky, and I'm not sure if your jacket is linen, and then I don't think the satin tie would be a good idea. Just go for a bright interpretation of black...
As an aside, I don't agree that there is such a thing as a 9/10 perfect fit shirt, like exists for suits or trousers. For example, a shirt with zero excess fabric in the chest will almost certainly be restrictive. A perfect yoke when standing will mean the shirt is a bit tight when sitting and working. Shirts are also more susceptible to small fluctuations in weight, posture, off season vs training.
@Luxire, I'm looking for a pair of cotton trousers to test pattern changes. I have considered the trial trousers, but prefer to get a new pair. Which 100% navy cotton (irrespective of price) would best simulate the drape of a 9 oz worsted wool? Thanks.
How does the feel of the Brisbane Moss cavalry twill compare to their standard twill? Can anybody compare these to the Dugdale standard cottons? Thanks.
I personally find the heavily nailed heels with only a rubber tip to be very dangerous. I either Topy over the toplift, or replace the toplift with a 1/2 rubber 1/2 leather top lift. There is the possibility of a slip with metal tips, you just need to be careful. But the heel is the most dangerous, if that slips out of the blue you'll have almost no opportunity to avoid a tumble.   I personally prefer Brices to Coombs, if only because the late owner, Michelle, used to...