or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

@luxire Do you have any further pictures since the one a few weeks ago of the coat making process, including the details of the construction and final garment? Thanks.
You could try Luxire, it may well be better quality than the Baracuta.
The other variables are of course, the colour accuracy or lack thereof of the monitors used to process and view the image, and the use of the same colour space as the image in the monitor, OS and browser. That's why I always look around for multiple images of the item I'd like to purchase online, and most of the online sellers I've encountered are very obliging in giving a written description.
 Yep, my first thought was those colours are very Carl Zeiss! 
Regarding the Chukka vs Chelsea, when I looked at RMW stores, the Signature Craftsman seemed more versatile and elegant than the RMW Chukka (Kingsvale). This honestly surprised me, however, I'm not sure if this would hold true with an English lasted Chukka. Perhaps it was the French calf on the Signature Craftsmen being superior to the leather on the Kingsvale?   What do people think about the versatility of a tan country grain chukka on dainite? I think it would be...
 Thanks for the unique insight as always DW!
 Is that the regular fine worsted? I was thinking of the 130s range.
I'm thinking of some summer weight trousers for Sydney. One option would be the Minnis Fresco, but I'm thinking about maybe one of the Dugdale 120s/130s 9 oz (I do understand that the super numbers aren't everything). If the Dugdale's were smooth enough, I might be able to get them unlined. The other consideration is that that the fresco weave may have a better texture for casual wear and be longer lasting, but it's hard to say, as a smoother cloth can abrade less in the...
 Does the gemming ever come into contact with the inside of the outsole, either at manufacturing time or during typical wear (perhaps somebody who wears heavily towards the outside of the sole), or does the cork seal it off? Thanks!
 I can't advise exactly about which of the Luxire fusing options you should specify, but for a more formal shirt made of poplin I'd go for a slightly thicker fusing than on an oxford cloth for instance. Also, you can have a linen summer shirt with a paper thin fusing, shouldn't be stiff at all.