or Connect

Posts by FredAstaire1899

Dear Luxire, does the 'new nice' have any implications to the suit jacket ordering and making process? Would it be possible to provide some further details and images of the more subtle aspects of the making techniques?
Luxire, is the default position for side adjusters different for slant side and on seam front pockets? I noticed that lachyzee's slant side trousers have the adjuster fully placed on the waistband, but on my on seam pockets they are half on the waistband half on the trouser leg. Are these default settings? Thanks.
Regarding the Panama hats, I suggest this three part documentary entitled 'Weaving Life' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp8bg451EQo. You see the difference between hats made around Montecristi and Cuenca.
 Based on this guide, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzX0bsCxH1U, I tried to roll my Akubra Fedora a few times. It easily went it to half the first two times, but didn't want to roll. It rolled the third time, although only very loosely and it looked a little stressed (a few hard lines and points to the roll). It is only six short wears old, so perhaps it will roll better in future. Funnily enough, when I unrolled it there was a bit of an Optimo crown in it! The...
I think that the Akubra Fedora (Sydney) should roll like that just fine. The Stylemaster is a bit stiffer.
Have a look at the moonstone coloured Stylemaster sold at the Hattery.
Has anybody scene the Double Monk lapel flowers in person? How do they compare to others available?
The finer weave panamas also wear hotter than the looser weaves.
Regarding pocket flare on FF trousers, I have seen and and heard of the following: the front pocket  lining is attached to the fly lining on the inside of the trouser with a piece of fabric, and a second row of stitching where the pic stitching joins the cloth and the inside of the front pockets (of course concealed) is added. While present on my Zanella trousers, I'm unsure of the effectiveness of this technique.   My personal solution is to make the hips/seat a little...
Haha. I rock back, slam my heel into the ground, and push off the ball like a 1980's turbo f1 picking up the throttle.