or Connect

Posts by Frankie22

TOM FORD CAN touch Mc Hammer
Absolutely.
Rush Limbaugh? I would consider luxury clothing manufacture to be a skilled labor. 
Making luxury garments is not a skilled activity?  I'm referring to "high end" suiting, I thought that is what we were discussing. 
It's not about about the labor overall -- it's about the taxes, tarifs logistics and shipping costs that a company incurs abroad -- that is why we would be able to compete (if the unions relaxed and the US got serious about providing tax benefits to big producers).
I do.  The cost of doing business overseas is driven up by the tariffs and taxes, plus logistics and shipping. Not actual labor, which is dirt cheap. My point is that we could compete on the global stage because said secondary factors, if the US got serious about domestic tax breaks, unions stopped acting irrational and we created some damn jobs.
It's not the labor per se, it's the import tariffs and taxes that drive up the cost of doing business overseas. Obviously it's still cheaper than doing business here BUT with proper US tax protocols, and responsible union behavior, domestic labor is cheap enough that we can compete on the global stage. By compete, I mean make it worthwhile for companies to manufacture products here.     There are plenty of people willing to work for lower wages here, its the government,...
TOM FORD knows where Carmen San Diego is
  You outsource when materials are cheap and labor is expensive.   You insource when materials are expensive and labor is cheap.   Right now labor in America is cheap -- it's the unions, bureaucracy and tax codes that keep things overseas.  America could easily compete on the global stage, imo.   I'd like to meet the bonehead(s) at Ralph that thought it would be a good idea to have the uniforms made in China taking into account the current unemployment rate, and the...
Very nice