or Connect

Posts by Frankie22

+1 Re: trousers being a bit shorter; the look is amazing either way. Bravo Seam.
Curious and want to better understand your rationale here. Why do you say the value breaks down? For the sake of the OP I'll compare three of my suits from three forum favorites. A navy Jort from Suit supply (OTR), a Navy Samuelsohn (MTM) and a charcoal suit by Panta (MTM). All are wool and full canvas. > Fabric: SS has the nicest of the three. A super 140's wool by Vitale Barberis. Very soft hand and great color. The sammy is made from a super 130's and the Panta is a...
+1.  Oh brother, more if this anti white shirt nonsense.  Folks stuck in the 1700's.
 + Kamakura + Suit Supply+ Ledbury Have had great luck with all those brands. Kamakura is the best value.
Thank you for the insight NorCal, I enjoyed your post very much.  Great ideas.  Perhaps someone will purchase the brand/ip and revitalize it.  
Very sad.  If she had signed the long term lease it would have paid off, imo.  I live in fort point channel and the entire area is exploding.  A lot of $ coming in; many luxe high rises going up all around where Louis is. I think the real challenge came from the daughter not having a true passion for merchandising and luxury retailing. 
I've had several MTM suits made via several makers. Samuelsohn, Panta and Zegna.  I've concluded that MTM is way more difficult than folks want to admit, even for seasoned vets.  Ironically, Suit Supply fits me better off the rack (Washington Cut and Havana Cut) than 95% of my MTM suites that cost 3 - 4 times as much.    Their culture teaches them fashion forward fits and styles from day 1, as others have said, simply have to be firm with your expectations with regard to...
Brand new without tags. Had em hemmed (original cuff reattached) and realized I'd gone a size to small. Selvedge, perfect shape. Great jean, I will def repurchase in a larger size.   + Waist: 16.25' + Inseam: 30'