or Connect

Posts by Aces and Eights

I have used this shop many times in person its just off Victoria St.  The prices are usual around 30% less than shop price.  Its always busy with a good variety of good quality leather shoes.  Whenever I am over that part of London I always drop in and rarely come out empty handed.  I have not been over there for a year.  Well worth a visit.   As 'The Saint' says it is run by a Father & Son who are very helpful.  I did put these contact details on here a year or 2 back. ...
Ah the old 'belly button' cover  - I remember it well !! The of my favorite albums was the 'Reggae Chart busters ' 1.  There were other chart buster albums but this was the one with a kaleidoscope of girls on it and had all the popular tracks of the on it I had lots of the old compilation LPs at the time and gradually threw them out as I found that there were replacements on CDs.  And now I have ripped tracks from CDs for MP3 players The technology moves on and our old...
I have just bought 'Sawdust Caesars' as mentioned on here and its an interesting easy read with loads of photos and around 450 pages in A4 size.  Great value for money.  I have reached chapter 2 and am confronted by a photo of a young browniecj form here.    Colin you really do get about mate
That's a good point you hit on roytonboy regarding the shirts and braces.  I had read your comments and it had got me thinking before I had watched the programme and I agree we very rarely wore shirts and braces because I think it was too loud?  I always remember wearing a v neck M&S fine knit jumper/sleeve less jumper or cardigan and always under a cronbi or sheepskin.  I think it was colder back then or we were skinnier and felt the cold.  I recall wearing Fred Perrys...
You and me both B the B
Thanks Ed - missed it last night but caught it this morning on 'youtube'

I had been watching for a few weeks and I was surprised at the range of prices especially considering it was only 3 and a tanner when new!!
This book was doing the rounds in our class in around 1966 / 67 and I remember a your radical English teacher reading extracts from it.  I never forgot the title. And after all these years I managed to purchased an old copy earlier this year from Ebay for around £20.  Memories came flooding back. If no one has ever read this book it is made up of chapters or paragraphs of interviews of the youth of the mid 60s from across the board of different classes taking their views...