or Connect

Posts by Aces and Eights

I have just watched a live version from the Beat Club on youtube - Oh yes that is good - cheers
'You don't know like I know' - Sam and Dave - I had forgotten all about that one.  Just downloaded it from youtube - great memories - thanks for the reminder
We used to get our Jungle Greens from Army Surplus store 'Sams' in Woolwich SE London.  I can still to this day remember the musty smell and the stacks of clobber piled up to the ceiling 
Good post roytonboy I commented way back on the thread that back in 69/71 we were smart but subtle.  Also generally everything we wore had a purpose or was for a particular function and not just a fashion fad.  It was a stye that could be worn for many years Having said that i wouldn't think of dressing now exactly as I did back in the day. I wear polo shirts, button down shirts, straight leg jeans etc from high street shops.  I do not chase and pay the brand names...
You left me out - I had 'high leg loafers' on also called DM Dealer Boots Ha Ha
Just a word of thanks to John (Mr Knightley) for arranging the London meet yesterday.  A very pleasant afternoon drink with good company and banter.  Covering all topics from Crombies to Brexit   Representation from as far afield as Coventry, Scotland, Poland, France and Canada, oh and a few London boys   Until the next one - thanks
I had a beige / oatmeal one that I wore a lot as they were comfy and giving you movement for your arms.  On an occasion at Margate on a Bank Holiday my shirt got ripped in a row and I ended up with just the sleeveless cardigan on my top half - so I could show off my muscels, tan and tattoos - oh we were hard then !!! Generally purchased from M&S as were most cardigans and sweaters as they always washed well from there - or so your mum told you i can't recall many other...
Does anyone know how to copy photos from the link above from Ed I have tried the usual 'save image as' etc but no luck.  They may be inaccessible?  There are a few pics we have not seen here before Good to see you posting again Ed and good luck with the hip next week
The shirt, 'smokey Joe' cardigan and hair length look right for how we were in 69 The turn ups are big but not every area were exactly the same in what we wore Good find