or Connect

Posts by msulinski

The only true J-Crew brand shoes I have are a pair of dirty bucks. I've only worn them one summer so far, so I can't really comment on their durability. They are GYW though. Have you considered putting a little extra money towards a pair of Aldens?
I'm not sure how versatile this shoe is given that it is Scotch grain and a balmoral. They do look nice though.
I think there are plenty of good looking burgundy shoes that are not shell. The colors I have seen are not too far from dark brown and appear to be at the same formality level.
I wouldn't wear boat shoes or oxfords with jeans. I personally prefer boots with jeans and casual pants. Something like the C&J Islay, Allen Edmonds Dalton and Alden cap-toe boot all work with jeans or casual pants. If you want recommendations for other brands/styles, you may want to visit the Streetwear and Denim subforum.
I would stick to derbies since you are business casual. The McNeil is a good choice. As for a wing tip in suede, the Players shoe is nice if you can find it via an AE outlet, as it is discontinued.
I'm looking at purchasing a pair of Peal perforated cap toes in burgundy. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Medium-Perforated-Captoes/MH00234_____DKRD_09H__D___,default,pd.html I believe they are C&J. Can anyone confirm? If so, I wear an 8.5E UK size in the 348 last and whatever last the Islay is on. Does anyone know how to translate this to Peal US sizing? All sources seem to say 8.5 converts to 9US, but I typically wear a 9.5, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
I'm looking at purchasing a pair of Peal perforated cap toes in burgundy. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Medium-Perforated-Captoes/MH00234_____DKRD_09H__D___,default,pd.html I believe they are C&J. Can anyone confirm? If so, I wear an 8.5E UK size in the 348 last and whatever last the Islay is on. Does anyone know how to translate this to Peal US sizing?
There is a strong dislike for navy pants on this forum. There is also a strong dislike for having a the jacket lighter than the pants. In addition, there is a dislike of wearing suit pants with rustic sportcoats. I agree the most with the last one, but the other 2 points have some merit. If the OP wears navy suit pants with this jacket, it probably won't work out well. Maybe something lighter than navy would work, and preferably not worsted suit pants. This might mean...
Agreed, though I'm not sure I've ever seen a wool knit. A silk knit should still be fine, or a wool tie would work as well. Burgundy and navy (among others) would work fine.
This is a tough color to pair given that it is gray. Which picture is more representative of the darkness of the color, the first (very light) or last (very dark)? If it is closer to the last, then you can probably get away with light gray pants, but I would probably go with light brown (tan) to get a tonal difference as well. If it is lighter than the last pic, then I'm not sure what to pair it with. Maybe not-quite-navy blue?