or Connect

Posts by msulinski

Strange, my 42 shorts are drop 6 (Jort and Lazio) except for the Napoli which is drop 7.
 Looks fine to me. Maybe you are just used to seeing super-skinny notch lapels? The vertical grosgrain seems strange, but I can't say its wrong.
The Lazio is my new favorite as well. I just bought the brown flannel check, which I love. I personally hate the Napoli. The pants are too tight in the thighs. The jacket is too loose around the waist. The buttoning point is too high, causing the jacket to flair out like a skirt. Any attempt at waist suppression just makes it flair out more. The Jort/la spalla is nice. I had to have the jacket let out slightly and the pants taken in a little. Really the only reason I...
I have a pair of Brooks Brothers country club collection pants that have a very high rise. I'm not sure if it is over 11" though.
It never occurred to me that I could start with a 5-button and get it altered. Good to know.
 What are you doing for the vest? Don't get one like the one in your picture. It is way too high. It is not easy to find a proper tuxedo vest without having one custom-made, or finding a 3-piece tuxedo that already has one.
^I don't think either of those boots does both formal and casual. The balmoral boot is way too formal for jeans, and the other too casual for suits. How about a black Chelsea boot?
I just purchased the brown check Lazio at the NYC Madison store. I pick it up tomorrow. http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-brown-check/P3657I.html?start=3&cgid=Suits&prefn1=color&prefv1=Brown It is not nearly as slim as I expected (which is good for me). I did not have to make any adjustments to the jacket other than sleeve length.
I'm in
I'll say black since the event is at night and formal. I also don't like the brown shoes you picked out, so there is another reason for you. Just don't go buy those same shoes in black.