or Connect

Posts by msulinski

I did half lined jacket and the default on the pants. I did nothing special with the canvassing, but the fabric is very light gray.I think I paid $750 to Kent alone, plus fabric ($280 or so) and shipping. So it isn't cheap.
I did a CMT with a Minnis fresco. Once I got the fabric, I just had to ship it to China, which adds about $65 to the cost (plus the cost of fabric). It turned out fine.
Throw4five, if the sales guy said the Lazio would fit with minimal alterations, I would go back and give it another try. The Washington is very slim in the chest and arms (I can't even get my arms all the way in), so you ended up sizing up. The Lazio in your usual size might work better. The chest and arms are roomier than the Washington. Since you wouldn't be sizing up, the body might already be slimmer than the one-size-larger Washington.
Mid to light gray pants would work. You can get away with a lot of shirt options. Light blue or light blue/white pattern would work.
They are both gray odd trousers and serve similar functions. Flannels are good for fall/winter, but I wouldn't wear them in the spring. The nice thing about flannel is that it has a contrasting texture with a plain navy blazer. Gabardine, not so much, but those pants will still be fine with odd jackets.
I doubt the loud jacket is what caused the poster to get criticized in the good taste thread. They generally like loud odd jackets over there.Could be the fact that it is a gray odd jacket paired with what appears to be navy odd trousers (or maybe they are black?).
Doesn't look like it. They look like gabardine.
I think black ties can work in some cases
He doesn't even have a job yet, so has no idea if he even needs suits for work. He will need one for interviews though.
Some manufacturers do and some don't. The one MTM place I use does the working buttonholes by a 3rd party after the fact. The suit that comes from the factory does not have them.