or Connect

Posts by msulinski

Really? I've found them to be fine, at least in relation to other Suit Supply suits. They seem comparable to the Lazio pants. Napoli pants, on the other hand, are very slim. And I definitely do not have thin legs.
Those aren't 5th avenues. They appear to be bluchers.
 Just get the vents sewn shut by a tailor. Even on a ventless jacket, there will be side seams, so no one will know you started with vents.
Don't change the color of the bow tie. The main thing I can think of is to make sure everything fits properly - specifically, the waistcoat should not extend below the bottom of the jacket in the front. This is where I see most white tie rigs go wrong. This, of course, means that the trousers must have a sufficiently high rise.
It does stand for conservative business dress, at least on this forum. I doubt anyone else would know what you meant by it.Double monks are not CBD. There is an entire thread dedicated to it. I don't have the link handy right now, but you should be able to search for it.
Maybe he was asking if it was an orphaned suit jacket vs an odd jacket aka a jacket meant to be worn with non matching pants. Looks like an orphaned suit jacket to me. I would avoid it unless you can find the pants.
Don't buy black cotton pants. Go with wool. Not sure why, but cotton does not seem to be able to hold the black dye very well and ends up fading.
I agree with others that the Nordstrom anniversary sale is a good way to get 2 pairs of AEs in your budget. I would skip walnut for the time being though. They are not very versatile. Wait until you have 5 or so pairs of shoes before you even consider walnut.
There isn't much out there in RTW fresco. My usual MTM place didn't have any either. I ended up having to order the cloth directly to give to the MTM maker. Keep in mind there are several weights of fresco. For a summer suit in NYC you will want the lightest weight.
Khakis or any kind of tan to mid brown would be fine. Mid gray and lighter would work too.