or Connect

Posts by lalaland

Well I'm not a shill.  I ordered a J. Hilburn shirt from a style advisor in Los Angeles, and the status just today changed from "in process" to "complete."  Took a bit longer than I was hoping - order was completed on March 8th and a today on April 6th the order is finally complete with a shipping label.  I ordered a basic, $109 fabric - their second cheapest, I believe, to see how the fit comes out before ordering more.   My S.A. works as a team with her mother, and...
Well I was convinced Indochino was crap, but ProfBear, Titus and 1up have got some nice fits.  Question for 1up - how much lower than normal did you tell them to make the button stance?
I'm not a fabric expert, but bamboo being a sham - ok.  I called C-in2it's customer service line to inquire about the trophy shelf construction - why it's not on their website any longer.  The guy said they had manufacturing yield problems and issues with the seams, so they stopped producing it.  FYI here is a photo of what the trophy shelf looks like.  It makes total sense - why do women have bras which hold up their breasts and support them, but we have briefs that...
Hmm, their website is no longer referring to the "trophy shelf" nor do they seem to be making them out of bamboo fabric, which I liked.  Here is a link to a site still selling the original style I loved so much:   http://www.abcunderwear.com/cn2-racer-brief.html
http://www.c-in2.com/store/   Okay before you laugh, I discovered these at one of the department stores at the Bev Center in L.A. a few years back.  What makes them different from every other brief I've ever worn is the pouch for your junk that they call the "trophy shelf."  It lifts your equipment up and in front of you, so it's not jammed into your crotch against your legs.   This is truly the most comfortable underwear I've ever worn, and after trying it I...
i think you are great at counting and categorizing things so you should be a great accountant.
For a guy who's 22, on a budget, and new to caring about style I think you're doing great.   But I might add something - you said those looks are how you typically dress.   Don't be afraid of sex.  Take a walk on the wild side - you don't always have to be Mr. Rogers - sometimes you can be Mr. Rock & Roll as well.  Personally I mix it up - some days it's suits, some days it's destroyed jeans and fitted scoop neck t shirts with old boots.   You can inhabit...
Hello all,   I'm from L.A. but I'm in SLC for a couple months.  Surely there are at least one or two good boutiques somewhere in this city of Mormons that carries good streetwear.   I'm not expecting Fred Segal or Sartioraloft but surely there is SOMETHING here besides Nordstrom?  I spent a couple hours browsing at the new billion dollar City Creek Center last night and came away really disappointed.   Any help much appreciated.