or Connect

Posts by lalaland

No - that's on their dime.
Here's the full review: http://www.styleforum.net/t/296669/j-hilburn-mtm-shirt-review-not-perfect-but-im-very-happy-best-overall-fit-of-my-life
Someone on the J. Hilburn shirt thread asked if I had received my shirt yet - I just got it a few days ago so here's the review:   This is my first MTM item of clothing ever.  I have a Thick as Thieves suit I haven't been fitted for yet, and an Indochino blazer in production - but haven't received it yet.  I ordered a "pink luxury oxford" - here are the pics - then the review will follow the photos:     I went with J....
I got it a couple days ago - not perfect yet but I'm very happy.  I'll post a review in a fresh thread because I figure since no one on SF has done a review yet then it might as well have it's own thread.  Give me a few minutes and I'll have it up with pics.
Killer look IBJanky - love the blazer and its button stance.  Can you tell us more about your outfit?
Dsmivtr - Bill Cairo has an extremely good reputation - they are one of the very few true bespoke operations in Southern California.  Their sport coats start at $2,500 and their alterations are quite expensive.  No need to drive to Hermosa Beach but thanks for the reference.  I've only heard positive things about Cairo but I had pause to think when I realized the father is not the one doing the measuring.  I've since received more positive feedback about them so I'm...
I went to Bill Cairo and was seen by his son Joe.  It wasn't clear to me if the father is still working there, and I didn't want to ask because I thought it might seem rude - as in "you're just the son - where's dad?"   Joe was very nice and professional, and to his credit he turned away my business rather than work on a suit jacket he felt he couldn't fix well.   But when I asked about the way his shop works he said they have tailors "working for us."   So...
Ahhhhhh - thank you!  I didn't think of white pants.  So as for texture mixing - linen gets a naturally wrinkly look which I like, but it won't look weird coupled with the fine texture of the jacket eh?
So I made the mistake of entering an Off Saks outlet today because they had giant "sale" signs in the window and finding a silk Canali blazer marked down from $1,500 to $169.  Should've left my plastic at home, but I didn't and so I bought it. I also picked up a Calvin Klein Collection suit marked down from $1,400 to $279 but that's a story for another thread.  Calvin Klein Collection gets no love here but for $279 I thought it seemed quite nice and a good...
Charlesmbush - I may have a "position" in a MTM Thick as Thieves available for sale at a discount to their regular price soon.  I paid for a TAT suit several years ago and then never got around to being measured or having the suit produced.  In the ensuing time period my chest expanded to a 43.5" - which is now outside the TAT limit of 42."  I'm meeting for a fitment with Jason next week and if he says he can't make the suit for me to my chest size I'll be throwing it up...