or Connect

Posts by lalaland

I went to Bill Cairo and was seen by his son Joe.  It wasn't clear to me if the father is still working there, and I didn't want to ask because I thought it might seem rude - as in "you're just the son - where's dad?"   Joe was very nice and professional, and to his credit he turned away my business rather than work on a suit jacket he felt he couldn't fix well.   But when I asked about the way his shop works he said they have tailors "working for us."   So...
Ahhhhhh - thank you!  I didn't think of white pants.  So as for texture mixing - linen gets a naturally wrinkly look which I like, but it won't look weird coupled with the fine texture of the jacket eh?
So I made the mistake of entering an Off Saks outlet today because they had giant "sale" signs in the window and finding a silk Canali blazer marked down from $1,500 to $169.  Should've left my plastic at home, but I didn't and so I bought it. I also picked up a Calvin Klein Collection suit marked down from $1,400 to $279 but that's a story for another thread.  Calvin Klein Collection gets no love here but for $279 I thought it seemed quite nice and a good...
Charlesmbush - I may have a "position" in a MTM Thick as Thieves available for sale at a discount to their regular price soon.  I paid for a TAT suit several years ago and then never got around to being measured or having the suit produced.  In the ensuing time period my chest expanded to a 43.5" - which is now outside the TAT limit of 42."  I'm meeting for a fitment with Jason next week and if he says he can't make the suit for me to my chest size I'll be throwing it up...
The top one looks like the shoulders artificially jut out horizontally, and have excess fabric sticking out at the top of the chest near where it meets the shoulder seams.  The Zegna looks like a closer fit.
50" over the arm measured at the same latitude as the 43.5" chest measurement.  What does this mean Despos?  EDIT:  Good God.  I just looked you up and realized who you are.  I can't believe you're answering fit questions for free from punters like me ordering $300 MTM jackets online.  But I thank you.  If you're ever in L.A. and I can do anything for you let me know - I'll pm you my info.  
Thanks Despos - I'll do that right now and post it in a minute.  You're a godsend.  When I took the largest measurement - 43.5" - I used tape in several places to hold the tape horizontal.  I found that without that I couldn't get it to stay properly for the measurement.
I'm interested in propersuit - $650 for full canvas, completely unique pattern (not modifed existing pattern) sounds good to me.  But it makes no sense to me that they only sell their "unique" fabrics to existing members to keep prices low.  How does reducing your available market keep prices low?
Also - what is "flat" posture?  I've heard the term "erect" before but not flat.  They make you choose one of them.  I went with "normal":
The question is - do you include shoulder blades in a chest measurement or not?  In other words - put the tape over the blades, or just under them?  Under will give a smaller measurement.