or Connect

Posts by lalaland

So I got a $1,500 pure silk Canali blazer in a truly beautiful cream herringbone pattern for almost 90% off at an Off Saks outlet - $169 - in a 42R, which fits my chest - but is a tent everywhere else.    I took it to a local high end tailor who comes highly recommended on this forum - also with a reputation for being expensive - and does a lot of bespoke suits - Bill Cairo Custom Tailor of San Marino - to see if it could be made to fit, or if I should just return...
you get creativity points bamchairdance.  har har
Good idea actually - smacking myself for not having thought of that first.
So maybe I'm weird, but since I started getting my jackets tailored I'm getting more picky about the fit of my streetwear.  I'm lean, with slightly longer arms - usually wear a 15 3/4 neck shirt with 34/35 arms.   So I like my hoodies to fit close to the body, but to find that I've had to buy hoodies in size medium and small - which have sleeves that are too short.   Anyone out there making made to measure hoodies?  Would be cool to choose your own fabric and...
@cousindonuts and ndm2p8:  I ordered the essential navy blazer 11 days ago.  I had several back-and-forths with customer service, asking them questions about options, fitting issues, etc. AFTER I'd ordered.  And in my experience customer service was pretty good.  The e-mail returns weren't immediate but they were within 24 hours each time.  The e-mail address I've been using is info@indochino.com and my "customer service concierge" is Harrison.   Hope it gets better...
@lostron - with all due respect good sport coats/blazers/suits go down very well at the best clubs all over the world. It says money, power, access. It's not the only look that works but it works very well.
@Essential - MikeDT was being sarcastic.
CBbuff - you're right, he doesn't belong in a club.  But that's not the point.  He asked for sartorial advice and was promptly shat on.   This happens in all kinds of specialized-interest internet forums.  Noob comes asking for help, and then some unhealthily-obsessed *clothing/car/skiing/anime* topic nerds proceed to make fun of noob because he isn't as knowledgeable.   It's always pathetic to watch said retards buck up their own self esteem in this manner, but...
Um, I would say it's about as stiff as most dress shirts.  I know that's not terribly helpful - but it has "heft."  It is I assume a fused collar.  Sorry I don't really have a point of reference for you.
The kid is 16 - give him a break.  No need to be such assholes to him - you're just making yourselves look bad.  Golden rule.  'Nuff said.