or Connect

Posts by lalaland

@Essential - MikeDT was being sarcastic.
CBbuff - you're right, he doesn't belong in a club.  But that's not the point.  He asked for sartorial advice and was promptly shat on.   This happens in all kinds of specialized-interest internet forums.  Noob comes asking for help, and then some unhealthily-obsessed *clothing/car/skiing/anime* topic nerds proceed to make fun of noob because he isn't as knowledgeable.   It's always pathetic to watch said retards buck up their own self esteem in this manner, but...
Um, I would say it's about as stiff as most dress shirts.  I know that's not terribly helpful - but it has "heft."  It is I assume a fused collar.  Sorry I don't really have a point of reference for you.
The kid is 16 - give him a break.  No need to be such assholes to him - you're just making yourselves look bad.  Golden rule.  'Nuff said.
No - that's on their dime.
Here's the full review: http://www.styleforum.net/t/296669/j-hilburn-mtm-shirt-review-not-perfect-but-im-very-happy-best-overall-fit-of-my-life
Someone on the J. Hilburn shirt thread asked if I had received my shirt yet - I just got it a few days ago so here's the review:   This is my first MTM item of clothing ever.  I have a Thick as Thieves suit I haven't been fitted for yet, and an Indochino blazer in production - but haven't received it yet.  I ordered a "pink luxury oxford" - here are the pics - then the review will follow the photos:     I went with J....
I got it a couple days ago - not perfect yet but I'm very happy.  I'll post a review in a fresh thread because I figure since no one on SF has done a review yet then it might as well have it's own thread.  Give me a few minutes and I'll have it up with pics.
Killer look IBJanky - love the blazer and its button stance.  Can you tell us more about your outfit?
Dsmivtr - Bill Cairo has an extremely good reputation - they are one of the very few true bespoke operations in Southern California.  Their sport coats start at $2,500 and their alterations are quite expensive.  No need to drive to Hermosa Beach but thanks for the reference.  I've only heard positive things about Cairo but I had pause to think when I realized the father is not the one doing the measuring.  I've since received more positive feedback about them so I'm...