or Connect

Posts by lalaland

Something's glitching there.  I ordered my blazer April 10th, changed a chest measurement before they got locked in the same day.  Stil hasn't shipped, and as of April 28th the status now says "remake ordered April 28."  WTF?  I never got the first one.  I e-mailed them four days ago for clarification and haven't heard back yet.
Also - I realize that on this jacket, AND my previous Dolce that was adjusted by Novex in Bev Hills - we are doing shoulders.  This is expensive and according to this forum is a task best left to very skilled tailors.  And in both cases the OTR shoulder fit was close enough that the tailors said it was my call as to whether we adjust them - a matter of how anal I wanted to get.   But how many guys fit perfectly in the shoulders of OTR jackets?  What percentage of the...
Thanks for your feedback, you make some good points.   I don't think was the case, given that he had already rejected two previous items on an earlier visit.  He told me up-front on the previous visit that he didn't like the way the other jacket fit and didn't recommend working on it.   You also mentioned that without 90% off and a Canali label I wouldn't have bought it at any price - I disagree.  It's an understated cream, subtle herringbone, silk jacket.  It fits...
hyt = thanks for the reassurance that joe is a perfectionist = that's good.   I'm new at this game.  when I saw the jacket on the rack I thought "my other jacket was $260 to alter at Novex, so this will probably be about the same, so that's $169 + $260 = $440 total.  Not bad."   I also didn't realize until someone mentioned it in this thread that OTR jackets could be let out.  I thought all you could do with an OTR jacket was bring it in, so therefore you have to...
So I got a $1,500 pure silk Canali blazer in a truly beautiful cream herringbone pattern for almost 90% off at an Off Saks outlet - $169 - in a 42R, which fits my chest - but is a tent everywhere else.    I took it to a local high end tailor who comes highly recommended on this forum - also with a reputation for being expensive - and does a lot of bespoke suits - Bill Cairo Custom Tailor of San Marino - to see if it could be made to fit, or if I should just return...
you get creativity points bamchairdance.  har har
Good idea actually - smacking myself for not having thought of that first.
So maybe I'm weird, but since I started getting my jackets tailored I'm getting more picky about the fit of my streetwear.  I'm lean, with slightly longer arms - usually wear a 15 3/4 neck shirt with 34/35 arms.   So I like my hoodies to fit close to the body, but to find that I've had to buy hoodies in size medium and small - which have sleeves that are too short.   Anyone out there making made to measure hoodies?  Would be cool to choose your own fabric and...
@cousindonuts and ndm2p8:  I ordered the essential navy blazer 11 days ago.  I had several back-and-forths with customer service, asking them questions about options, fitting issues, etc. AFTER I'd ordered.  And in my experience customer service was pretty good.  The e-mail returns weren't immediate but they were within 24 hours each time.  The e-mail address I've been using is info@indochino.com and my "customer service concierge" is Harrison.   Hope it gets better...
@lostron - with all due respect good sport coats/blazers/suits go down very well at the best clubs all over the world. It says money, power, access. It's not the only look that works but it works very well.