or Connect

Posts by lalaland

Thread not closed lol. I have a TAT suit - just received it, still needs tailoring so I'll reserve judgment until after alterations are done - but there are other options.   Richard Lim at High Society is on the high side of your spectrum but he is a step up from TAT - suits are made on the premises and you have unlimited choices for cuts and styles - which is not the Thick as Thieves case.  
Psylentstorm - I saw on your photoalbum it says that this was made by Richard Lim at High Society. Can you tell us more about your experience there? I was considering him myself as I am in L.A.  
Sethu - for a first online mtm suit I think your suit looks good. It will need tailoring and maybe a remake - but that is all free. The online process, in my opinion, requires patience to go through a couple of remake iterations before you get to the "perfect fit."   The reward is very good pricing, and the ability to order more suits made to the exact spec you finally end up at.   I took mine to a local tailor, who made his recommendations on what to change, and...
Well, maybe I got lucky, or Indochino has improved their quality - but I'm happy.  Just received my Essential Navy Blazer.  It will need work - it's going to my tailor tomorrow for his recommendations.  I think the shoulders are a bit wide (I have lost 10 pounds due to an injury since ordering 6 weeks ago), and if he narrows them it's gonna be at least $200 in tailoring so I'll probably just send it in for a remake.  The sleeves are definitely a bit long (I think this is...
To the OP - the OCD fit-obsessed people giving you advice on the minutiae of fit are ENTIRELY missing the context of your question.  You're a 22 year old college senior who clearly came on this board for some basic advice.  They are picking apart your suit to the nth degree.  I also can get obsessive about fit - but I'm a 34 year old guy who enjoys clothes and style for their own sake.   For YOUR purposes - ignore these style-nerds.  Style geeks is what they are (I...
Ignore poloboy - he clearly has never been an interviewer for a finance company.  You look fine - get the trousers lengthened and for interview purposes you're good to go.  Worry about prepping for your interviews.  Worrying about your suit beyond just getting the trousers lengthened is wasting time - you'll be way beyond the point of diminishing marginal returns if the goal is to get a finance job.  Spend any additional time you have on prepping for the interviews....
Anybody know if Indochino is willing to issue partial refunds and/or credits toward future purchases when they screw up an order?  And if so - who to ask and how?  Due to a "production issue" - their words not mine - they pulled my order from production 18 days after the order was placed and did a remake.  It's finally shipped but it will be two weeks later than originally promised.   UPDATE:  Good God.  They sent me a paypal for $149 (half the cost of the blazer)...
There's a dedicated thread to posting about fit issues on suits - if you re-post in that thread you're more likely to get help.
Indochino customer service went from initially good, to unresponsive, and now to a comedy routine.  Blazer ordered April 10th.  Questions regarding fit e-mailed to them that same day.  Fit issues finalized April 12th.  Blazer has not shipped and was, per their latest e-mail "pulled from production" april 28th and "put back in production" april 29th - why?  who knows.  Three separate e-mail back-and-forths have failed to yield any answer to the question of when it will...
Five days now - no response from customer service.  If you can trust the analytics from compete.com you see that they have nearly 56% growth in monthly page views over 12 months ago:   http://siteanalytics.compete.com/indochino.com/   Maybe they're in some kind of hypergrowth mode and can't staff up quickly enough to satisfy demand.   EDIT: Yesterday their site had a warning graphic which said the normal 24 hour e-mail response time is temporarily at 48-72...