or Connect

Posts by johnbond8459

I'd agree getting rid of the peak lapels, and the higher rise of the trousers would make for a great suit. I'm happy with the trimness of the Washington, just not those two details.  
Agreed on too many Washington cuts. Peak lapels and higher waisted pants are too "flashy" for most industries that require a suit or uncomfortable. I'd appreciate more London, Lazio or Napoli fits.   Some pinstripes that are more toned down than their loud stripes would also be appreciated.    I'm not very impressed with this collection so far...  
Anyone have any details on their MTM program? Cost, fits, fabric's? I emailed customer service to no reply (3 days later).
I bought a pair of their shoes. While the leather isn't the thickest, and you can see a small bit of grain, the shoes are fantastic. They have a 270 degree construction with leather soles. They break in very nicely, and I find them comfortable all day. I've never been complimented more on my shoes more than with these. I think there are better options for basics (e.g. captoes, etc) from AE, To Boot, and Ferragamo. However, the hard to find styles in monk straps, loafers...
Why don't you step down from your high horse for a minute and realize that it was a simple request. It's all opinion, and thus why I asked. I wanted to know peoples opinion on the subject. Judging by the 1,000+ pages views on the subject, I'd say others want to know the difference too.    This forum is a place for people to be educated on style, not a place to be ridiculed for asking a question. Sure, maybe my opinion about suits being, at a basic level, similar was not...
If you read what i was asking I was referring to quality not cut.   Suit brands are not apples and oranges, they are all similar since the item, a suit, at it's basic level is the same. The difference comes in the construction, materials, and price. Therefore, ranking is perfectly acceptable and reasonable to do in this situation. If you think one is far superior to the other, then rank it higher. Imagine if I'm comparing a Ferrari, Mustang, Camaro and Kia. Sure they...
Thanks for all the replies.   I'm not so patriotic that I won't buy anything from China. It's rather insulting to insinuate that everything made in the US is superior to . This forum seems to be in love with WW Chan, and look what part of the world he/his workers are from...   With that being said, what would be the ranking of the following (in your own opinion) options in terms of quality in relation to price. I've assumed no sale prices on...
Bump... 80 views and no replies. It seems a lot of people are interested in the differentiation between the two. Can anyone speak to the quality of BB in relation to the quality of their wool (Saxxon, regular 1818, suiting essentials) in terms of Super rating (I realize the ratings are flawed, but it's still helpful).   Also a comparison of the Suit Supply fits against BB would be very helpful to everyone.
Long time lurker, first time poster.   I've been a long time buyer of Brooks Brothers (non-iron shirts & suits) and have read good reviews of Suit Supply on these forums. Can anyone comment on the quality and cuts of the lines of Suit Supply (Purple and Suit Up) vs.Brooks Brothers (Suiting Essentials and 1818 Fitz). Are the Suit Supply wools superior to BB, or similar to the Saxxon wool?   I currently have a few suiting essentials suits that I'm looking to...