or Connect

Posts by ExAngel

This the new Mummy look for 2014
Now i'm confused on what sizing everyone is going by.    Anyway, I have about 6 SLP button ups, all size 16 1/2 Size 42 which is essentially XL and I wear size 50/52 in Jackets and XXL in t-shirts lol. 
Size 38 shirt with that jacket in 46 sounds like a bad idea. I would personally size up or go with something closer to your shirt size like a 48.    As to what I personally think of it, It looks like a lackluster copy of last years jacket with inferior materials and a higher price point. Unless you absolutely have to have a varsity, I would just wait to see if anything new comes out that hasn't already been Slimane-ed, like the army jackets. 
Also, just to add, the back looks way cropped to me, but it's not that bad and is the intended style. I just got a Rick stooges in my regular size and the back was ridiculously cropped, whereas every other rick jacket had a much longer cut, so it may just be how it's intended to look. I always say with leather, get your normal size, but don't be afraid to size down one since leather does stretch out quite a bit. 
Tsuji: looks fine up front, sleeve length is fine, I actually like the short sleeve length but the back is way too cropped. You can try a size up but I'm not sure that will be the solution. If you bought it at the boutique they should have someone there to help with alterations, which come free with purchase. For such an expensive jacket, you should definitely take advantage of their help.  It may also be just the style of the jacket. There are various riders, some are...
Keep the 42, looks perfect and leather will stretch out over time. Also it is intended to look snug. 
More price drops!
I have a peak lapel jacket i'm selling. I loved it but I don't ever wear them and impulse bought it on sale.    It's gorgeous, cut super slim but looks really sharp and modern. I'm pretty sure its full canvas. I tried the pinch method and felt 3 layers. There are shoulder pads which look a little awkward if you move your arms around a lot because of the tight sleeve but looks really cool otherwise. It does feel a little restrictive though as far as movement, especially...
Local LA peeps might want to check out this place - http://www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com/#!__page-6   Apparently this is where Hedi and his team created the new SLP denim. Notice some of the back pockets and stitching is quite similar to Hedi's new cut. 
Droppin Prices!