or Connect

Posts by Joshua Lee

Absolutely not, it's just a cost saving measure. I only mentioned it because Meermin is the only brand that has a seam placed there for their LWB. Normally I would recommending letting the retailer deal with all defects in shoes that shouldn't be unreasonable, but because it's an international company, taking it to a cobbler would probably be more cost effective.
Are they brand new? I don't see any obvious creasing or wear on the soles. You might want to contact Meermin (guessing because of the seam) about getting it fixed, or try a local cobbler.
Any museum MTO's coming up soon? Something in a navy, plum, or pewter would be great.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping the gianni's ran a half size larger like the barrie last since I'm a TTS 12.5. Guess I'll have to take a gamble and try a 12D since I don't R&L sells half sizes larger than 11.5.
Are they the same size?
Can't believe I talked myself outta buying those Gianni's last sale! Simply stunning!
Congrats, that's an amazing accomplishment!  Same thing happened to me, used to be way up there ca 400-450, and wearing a size 13-13.5D, my feet were like deflated footballs. Last year I lost more than half my body weight and became a solid 12.5.
4 months of use and you expect the paint not to chip? As long as the leather isn't splitting apart or the hardware isn't broken, it's not really that big of a QC issue.    Worst case, you got a solid belt with nickel hardware instead of that gun metal finish.
It doesn't look dangerous to the longevity of the shoe, so maybe try putting some shoe cream on it and see if that improves the appearance. Alternatively a cobbler could probably remove it or cut it away.