or Connect

Posts by Joshua Lee

Greetings everyone, thank you for visiting my thread. Today I have for sale a pair of Epaulet X Carmina Ruby shell cordovan Punched Captoe produced 2013 in as part of a group MTO run on the rain last.    Style: 80105 (Punched Captoe) Last: Rain UK size: 12 UK Material: Ruby Shell Cordovan Sole type: Single Leather Lining: Purple   These have been worn less than 4-5 times, and remain in fantastic shape. Unfortunately, they're a tad large for me and with my work now...
Thank you all (Patrick, Trav & DW) for the input on my situation. I understand there's a lot of options in leather repair/care and hearing all the different options possible is quite intriguing.    To be more specific with my goal, the bag has to look uniform in color, as it's a handmade gift. Luckily I do have a lot of leather samples I can attempt these treatments on first before touching the bag.    The options so far: 1. Gently rub with Reno'mat / apply similar...
 They are indeed vegetable tanned leathers. Can you go further in detail about the burnishing? As far as I'm aware, burnishing usually involves wax, leather dye and a piece of canvas to generate a heat source.  In this case, would I be adding a shoe cream to the leather, then wax and finishing with some heavy brushing with a piece of canvas? The other option I have is using a spray to dye/treat the leather sections. If burnishing or renomat doesn't work, I'll document my...
Hi Guys,   I'm in need of some advice on fixing a dye job I did on a suede/leather bag. Recently, I used Tarrago Suede / Nubuck dye (Alcohol based, penetrating dye) to change the color from Green to a darker navy. The results were pretty successful overall, however there were some incidents where the suede dye landed on the vegetable tanned (no glazing/ailine finish) sections of the bag.    Any ideas how to remove the dye or slightly blend it out of the leather...
Hi Gents,   Does anyone know of a professional shoe antiquing service in Europe? Recently I manufactured a line of suede weekender bags and one of them turned out a bit different than I wanted. I'd like to have someone professionally darken the light mint green color to a dark navy blue. 
The idea of a shell sneaker is killer, and most of the colors were awesome choices. I'm slightly concern about the sole wearing because of how I walk normally, but I'll take up a suggestion from other forum members and add an additional layer of rubber to the soles. If someone didn't bring up the idea of adding more rubber to the soles, I would've had to regretfully passed.   What I'd love to buy for next round would be a Plum, or Forest Green shell, or maybe a black...
What an unexpected surprise! Picked up a pair of the oxblood, glad I didn't miss this release.
Apparently I crossed the wrong donut, and he decided to fight back by squirting on my cordovan boots. Any tips for removing a jelly stain?
Not at all, it's just a fat wrinkle, Probably a piece of leather near the belly section, still decent. 
It's a like a medium brown, a tad bit darker than whiskey.