or Connect

Posts by Jackie Treehorn

As someone mentioned earlier, there really is no way for RL to win this sort of battle. AFAIK they don't manufacture any blazers, suits, etc., in the USA (correct me if I'm wrong). The idea that they'd set up an entirely new supply chain, just for the manufacture of Olympic apparel, is silly. It would also be very expensive, and those costs would get baked into the prices of the Olympics-themed items that RL sold to the general public. RL would get hammered in the press...
Are you planning to wear it again this season? If so, air it out and hold onto it until then. Dry clean it when you're planning on putting it away for longer than 3 months or so.
As far as I can tell, the only noticeable difference between these RL uniforms and the 2008 RL uniforms is that the berets have been changed from white to blue. Why are people acting as though this uniform is something totally new? We had this same controversy 4 years ago; it's old hat (old beret?) by now.
  This.   We may not like it, but perhaps the majority of professionals in the developed world no longer wear suits (or even jackets) to work these days. Nor do they choose to get dressed up when going out, on weekends, or in any other situations beyond weddings and funerals. The suit is dying, albeit slowly. The hoodie is becoming acceptable business attire in some industries -- especially the tech industry, which happens to be one of the only industries in the US that's...
  This same creasing pattern occurs on some of my decidedly non-cheap EGs, not just C&J handgrades. It's a characteristic of crust leather. Admittedly, though, no idea why it seems to be occurring on one shoe and not the other.   Too much polish -- especially neutral polish -- will exacerbate this problem.
As a general rule, I don't hate certain brands so much as I hate the people who wear them.
Barring a few exceptions, it's easier to get clothes altered down than altered up. Losing 20 pounds will do less damage to one's wardrobe than gaining 20 pounds. That being said, it's probably not the end of the world if the OP purchases a few items now, plans on having them altered when/if he loses the weight, and purchases the remainder of the wardrobe at the new weight.   I do think it'll be harder to lose the weight than the OP imagines it will be, however,...
  The original source for Sinclair-style tailoring was the man himself, who died in 1992.   The "Anthony Sinclair" available today is a brand created/revived by an entrepreneur, who claims to have borrowed one of the original Sinclair Bond suits for inspiration. I have no experience with this firm, and can't make any claims, one way or the other, about the quality of its product. But even an extremely well-executed copy of the original suit is, by definition, not the...
  For some reason I find this statement extremely hard to believe. Obviously, the range of what a doctor makes is pretty variable. But I'm willing to bet even the lower end of that range is higher than what an SA at Tom Ford makes. (Unless an SA at Tom Ford has an uncapped commission structure, and manages to haul in a whale or two each week).   Store managers, on the other hand? Maybe. I know of at least a few major retailers at which store managers easily clear $100k,...