or Connect

Posts by Alfred001

Does anyone know where this might be available? There are snippets and whole episodes available on youtube, but I can't seem to find the whole first episode (or even snippets from it).   Here's an episode list:   http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f05r9/episodes/guide
I've read about this from so many sources and there doesn't seem to be agreement.   What is your view on this? What distinguishes a navy sports jacket from a navy suit jacket?   Also, how would you classify this one:   http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=678&Product_Id=831898&Parent_Id=217&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=§ioncolor=§ionsize=
  That's exactly what I'm trying to discern, whether this is a case of that, because I've never heard about this rule until recently, so I wondered whether this is something like that, something like when people don't cut off that tag on the sleeve of a suit jacket.   Slush certainly wouldn't stop me from wearing what I want, the reason I was asking whether that was the reason people say don't wear bright in winter because then it would mean it is not a matter of...
The main thing I'm interested in is this: Is this (that bright colors shouldn't be worn) said because people think they look odd in winter/or it is a matter of custom (like playing tennis in black, or wearing shorts to the office) or is it said ONLY because they can get dirty in the slush and it is more visible than on dark clothes. So is this a matter of social convention or a practical matter.
I think I asked about this recently but got not much response, what is the etiquette on bright colors (I'm thinking about pants in particular) during winter/fall? I've heard the "don't wear bright colors in fall/winter" but is that because it looks... off or because they get dirty in the snow and slush?
  I'm looking for a thrifted, cheap pair, of course.
Has anyone got a pair of shoes like these in any color and size around 10.5M to sell me? Please PM me if you do.  
Has anyone got a pair of shoes like these in any color and size around 10.5M to sell me? Please PM me if you do.  
  Oh, man. Is there any material that these kind of shoes are made of commonly that is waterproof but has some kind of a rougher texture, not like that very smooth leather.
  This nubuck, is it safe for wear in water? If so, how do I tell the difference between it and suede?   Aren't oxfords the ones with the holes in the front?