or Connect

Posts by Alfred001

:)   That's a useful link, tho, thanks!
I'm actually talking about topcoats.
I always thought a navy sports jacket with brown buttons looked better than a jacket with buttons of the same color, but I can't recall whether I've ever seen a navy topcoat with brown buttons, and have trouble finding pictures of it (so presumably this isn't done) or imagining in my mind what it would look like.   Is this something that is done? Does anyone have any pictures?
Does anyone have a navy sports jacket with 18" or smaller shoulders? I'm looking for something that is decidedly a sports jacket and not an orphan, something with a rougher fabric (maybe hopsack or something like that) and no sheen to it.
Does anyone have a navy sports jacket with 18" or smaller shoulders? I'm looking for something that is decidedly a sports jacket and not an orphan, something with a rougher fabric (maybe hopsack or something like that) and no sheen to it.
Has anyone got a windbreaker like this to sell in size 36-40. I'm looking for a light color and any brand.  
Sorry, I was unclear in the original post, I'm curious as to whether the shoes will get damaged if untreated, not whether your feet will get wet.     When suede soaks up the water does it get damaged or does it just dry out and is back to normal? You say that salt stains and dries out the leather, can these stains be brushed out of suede? Would a suede shoe affected by salt and dried out look unwearable (I've never seen what happens)?
I was told today by a lady at a store that even shoes made of standard leather need to be treated with the spray/cream otherwise they soak up water which supposedly damages them.   I can't believe that this is true.   Anyway, someone please help me out with my original question.
Can anyone point me to a blog about style like trashness that posts pictures exclusively, and preferably groups posts according to what articles of clothing are on the person on the picture? When I make style decisions I find I have to picture how something would look, and it's sometimes hard to do, it's easier if you can see pictures of it on someone.   For ex. I've been thinking about buying a certain type of shoe recently, and it's a real pain to find pictures...
I made a thread about this recently, but didn't really get the answers to all my questions, didn't want to resurrect that one because it went off topic.   I'm completely ignorant on shoe material and my question is whether there is any material that is of suede-like texture (anything that isn't just plain leather) that casual shoes are typically made of and that can withstand snow and salt without having to be treated with various sprays?   EDIT: Sorry, I was...